Senior UX Designer
Clover Health, San Francisco, CA | Jersey City, NJ | Remote
Clover is a Medicare Plan done differently.
Clover is reinventing health insurance by working to keep people healthier.
Our designers thrive on solving hard problems. We foster a culture of design by inviting cross-functional teams into our process to understand our users' pain points, generate different solutions, and test our ideas. Our team delivers products and experiences by combining personal care and modern technology to give people the healthcare they deserve. We work closely to define emerging patterns, interactions, and visual systems from the ground up to solve for problems that haven’t been solved yet, such as near real-time collaboration with providers on member care. It’s an opportunity to not only design better healthcare software, but to design a whole new way to work.
We are looking for a stellar Senior UX Designer to join our team. Ideally you'll have experience shipping multiple projects across large initiatives, and have a strong grasp on design fundamentals. You are passionate about raising the design bar by thoroughly understanding business goals to challenge the current approach, design, and thinking when appropriate. You can adeptly balance business goals while creating the best solution for our broad range of users. If you are driven by growing as a leader and doer in design, while making an impact on healthcare, we'd love to hear from you.
As a Senior UX Designer, you will:
- Be a part of a small design team that crafts the member and provider (i.e. doctors, nurses, hospitals) experiences and the applications our medical team uses during patient home visits.
- Partner with product managers, engineers, and our operations team to generate diverse visual solutions to complex problems.
- Mentor other designers to push design thinking and quality of work produced.
- Develop appropriate research methodologies and test plans for projects, while creating novel approaches that are the best fit for individual projects or areas.
You will love this job if:
- You have a genuine passion for what design and technology can do to help people.
- You are a systems-thinker that can logically visualize complex systems and user interaction flows.
- You are a problem solver that gets excited by big, complicated problems.
- You are an empathetic user advocate that values designing with research and data analysis.
- You are a collaborator that can make and communicate design decisions with non-designers.
You should get in touch if:
- You have roughly 5-10 years design experience in a design environment, in-house, agency or other relevant industry.
- You have a portfolio that shows a diversity of experience across interaction and visual design.
- You are proficient in Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, and pick up tools easily.
- You have experience storyboarding, diagramming, and visualizing complex workflows.
- You are knowledgeable in user-centered design best practices for web and mobile experiences.
- You have experience working on complex systems and applications.
Please provide portfolio online or PDF format.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.
About Clover: We are reinventing health insurance by combining the power of data with human empathy to keep our members healthier. We believe the healthcare system is broken, so we've created custom software and analytics to empower our clinical staff to intervene and provide personalized care to the people who need it most.
We always put our members first, and our success as a team is measured by the quality of life of the people we serve. Those who work at Clover are passionate and mission-driven individuals with diverse areas of expertise, working together to solve the most complicated problem in the world: healthcare.
From Clover’s inception, Diversity & Inclusion have always been key to our success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and our employees are people with different strengths, experiences and backgrounds, who share a passion for improving people's lives. Diversity not only includes race and gender identity, but also age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion and many other parts of one’s identity. All of our employee’s points of view are key to our success, and inclusion is everyone's responsibility.
Clover Health welcomes qualified candidates with disabilities and will provide accommodations during the interview process as needed. If you require accommodations, please email [email protected] with the details of your requested accommodation. Requests are reviewed by a member of the recruiting team. Requests will have no bearing on the candidate evaluation process or hiring decisions.
About Clover Health
Clover Health is a data driven health insurance startup driving to improve the overall state of healthcare in America. We are hiring software engineers, data scientists, designers and product folks who can help us understand our members’ wellness and steer them clear of any health risks down the road. Unlike other health insurance companies also embracing preventive health, Clover’s Medicare is built on technology from the ground-up. Integrating our systems with doctors, clinicians, and nurse practitioners, Clover’s data team helps healthcare professionals in the field intervene directly into patients’ wellness to help them avoid acute health episodes. If you’re a passionate person and interested in changing healthcare for the better, then Clover may just be the place for you.