Every day, Clover devices handle the core card and point-of-sale processing for hundreds of thousands of merchants. We provide next-generation payment services to the world's largest payment processor, First Data, (USD$2.2 trillion processing volume). Behind the scenes, we operate a cloud platform providing processing, storage and collaboration for merchants, application developers, service providers and our merchants' customers. Our devices and platform form the backbone of millions of payment interactions between merchants and their customers daily.
If you have previous experience working on a phone or a tablet, think of it as similar, but with the added challenge of securely integrating a payment acceptance system in the same device.
Clover systems use multiple processors (and multiple OSs) on a single device, and some very innovative system architecture design to create a seamless payment experience.
We support an open Android based app market, allow secure PIN entry on the main display and support contactless payment through displays. We have also received PCI PTS 4.X certification for our devices, which happens to be one of the most stringent payment security certifications.
We deal with the usual board bringups, bootloaders, kernels, device drivers, etc. that you will find in any tablet/phone device. To make the job more fun, we add a healthy dose of system architecture, security and payment systems. We also work with vendors, silicon partners and ODMs to define, design and deliver Clover products.
We are looking for people with 5+ years of experience in managing BSP development and ODM projects. If you enjoy managing projects involving a mix of hardware , software and firmware in a fast-paced environment, we would love to hear from you.
- ODM and BSP Development & Technical Program Management
- Manage 4-5 BSP Engineers and ODM engineering resources.
- Build and track detailed schedules for all ODM and CM projects
- Co-ordinate all EE, ME and FW topics with ODMs and CMs
- Track compliance of implementation against PRD/ERD
- Surface and escalate critical issues to management
- Track milestones, defects and report weekly status to management
- Facilitate schedule alignment between all company functions, especially between HW and SW
- Drive root cause analysis for technical issues
- Drive approvals and certifications
- Support and guide EVT, DVT and PVT builds
- Align test solutions with QA and drive implementation with ODM/CM
- Drive root cause analysis for manufacturing issues
- Facilitate stage gate process reviews and declarations
Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronics, Computer Science or equivalent
- 3+ years of software engineering management experience
- 5+ years’ experience working with ODM/CM
- Experience in managing Android/Linux handheld devices or POS systems is required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong technical and problem solving skills
- Experience in using Project Management tools like ,MS Project, JIRA, Confluence.
- Technically proficient with solutions involving a mix of hardware, software and firmware
- Mandarin and English language proficiency is strongly desired
About us Clover, a First Data company, builds the largest open-architecture point of sale solution aimed at small & medium sized business owners. Our products are changing the consumer/merchant experience for the better, opening avenues for seamless customer-merchant interactions. There are four versions of Clover, including the Clover Station, Clover Mobile, Clover Mini, and Clover Go. With Clover, First Data is aiming to create the largest open architecture operating system for commerce-enabling solutions and applications for business owners.
Want to learn more about Clover? Visit Clover's website.
Jobs You May Like
Green Chef, Boulder, CO
Sales Engineer, Enterprise Accounts (Cincinnati, OH)
Box, Cincinnati, OH
Zipline, Half Moon Bay, CA
Senior Software Engineer - HTML5 Video Player
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
VP of Engineering
Tradeshift, Bucharest, Romania