Clover is looking for a software engineer to be part of the team that engages and supports third parties who are developing for the Clover App Market. You must thrive on new challenges as you'll seldom face the same problem two days in a row.
This is a people-oriented and highly visible position. It gives you the opportunity to work with a wide range of developers, from those new to the platform to industry vets.
- Collaborate with Product Management, Engineering, Business Development, and other teams to incorporate developer strategy into product releases.
- Participate in technical and design decision-making with teams across Clover to advocate for developer needs.
- Create content to educate and inspire third-party developers, such as code samples, blog posts, videos, and presentations.
- Meet with developers to identify current issues, trends, and opportunities.
- Gather feedback through events, developer interviews, communities, videos, research, and market intelligence.
These responsibilities require strong engineering, people, and time-management skills. Secondary responsibilities include working with developers to answer their code-level questions with a customer-friendly attitude.
Clover values creativity, innovation and initiative. This role depends on your willingness to invest yourself in the success of the developer community, and do what it takes to help developers move their projects forward. There is tremendous opportunity for learning new technologies, and you must have a passion for pursuing and sharing that knowledge.
- Two to three years' development experience (prefer Android and/or Open Source experience)
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Comfort with speaking in front of large crowds
- Demonstrated and on-going passion for learning, with excellent problem-solving skills
- Self-directed and able to quickly and efficiently switch focus among multiple tasks
Nice to have:
- Experience developing & shipping high-quality Android or other app for an app store.
- Experience presenting technical information to a technical audience.
BSCS/CE, or similar appropriate life experience
About us Clover, a First Data company, builds the largest open-architecture point of sale solution aimed at small & medium sized business owners. Our products are changing the consumer/merchant experience for the better, opening avenues for seamless customer-merchant interactions. There are four versions of Clover, including the Clover Station, Clover Mobile, Clover Mini, and Clover Go. With Clover, First Data is aiming to create the largest open architecture operating system for commerce-enabling solutions and applications for business owners.
Want to learn more about Clover? Visit Clover's website.
Jobs You May Like
Technical Lead Network Production Engineer
Box, Redwood City, CA
Palantir Technologies, Palo Alto, CA
Front End Developer
A³ by Airbus Group, Sunnyvale, CA
Senior Compliance Analyst
Okta, San Francisco, CA
Backend Engineering Manager
Dashlane, New York, NY
Network Engineer (Network Operations)
Airbnb, Singapore, Singapore