Every single day, Clover devices handle the core point-of-sale and card processing for hundreds of thousands of merchants. Behind the scenes, we operate a cloud platform providing processing, storage and collaboration for merchants, application developers, service providers and our merchants' customers. This forms the backbone of millions of payment interactions between merchants and their customers daily.
Clover is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
You are an accomplished technologist specializing in the design and development of secure, stable, and scalable software systems. You have honed your craft after years of trial, error, and concerted practice. You take pride in your work, tempered with enough humility to never stop improving. You strike the right balance of building for today while anticipating the needs of tomorrow. You are disciplined and deliberate; adaptive and resourceful; driven by curiosity; passionate yet rational; opinionated but not argumentative.
We are a small team of experienced software engineers tasked with ensuring that Clover’s rapid growth is sustainable over the long term. Our team solves for cross-cutting non-functional requirements like the security, scalability, and fault tolerance of Clover’s back-end services. Together we design and develop the core architectural components, libraries, frameworks, tooling, and distributed systems at the heart of Clover’s global payment platform.
All members of our team have the opportunity to provide significant impact internally at Clover as well as externally—both for the merchants we serve, and for their customers all over the world.
We recently completed a project to horizontally shard our transactional (payment) database cluster, which had grown to 10+ TB in size. Next up is building a fully autonomous service for rebalancing merchant data across the shards to distribute load and eliminate hot spots.
We just finished lifting-and-shifting our production infrastructure from private data centers to the public cloud in an effort to streamline our global expansion. Now we’re revisiting our architecture, processes, and tooling in order to better take advantage of the cloud environment.
We are actively working on the design, development, and deployment of data pipeline infrastructure to support richer analytics and reporting for our merchants and internal business needs. Our focus is on its security, scalability, reliability, and performance.
We are paving the road towards a decomposed architecture of horizontal core services (like authentication, authorization, placement, tokenization, and cross-device data replication) and vertical product services (like device management, merchant boarding, inventory propagation, and customer loyalty programs).
- We already have a comprehensive suite of functional unit and integration tests, and are now focused on improving our automated stress tests and supporting infrastructure. That involves building the tools to spin up full production-scale environments, synthesize load, perform fault injection, and to collect, analyze, and surface test results to help drive continual improvement of performance and availability.
- Curiosity is contagious.
- “It works” is not good enough.
- Autonomy does not mean isolation.
- Guidance is better than prescription
- Brilliance is welcome. Toxicity is not.
- Java for back-end services.
- Python for integration and stress tests.
- MySQL for OLTP. Snowflake for OLAP.
- Kafka for stream processing.
- Memcached for caching (duh).
- Redis for ephemeral shared data structures.
- Wavefront and ELK for operational visibility.
- Google (GCP) as our cloud service provider.
- Docker for building containers. Kubernetes for running them.
- Netty for speaking HTTP, behind HAProxy for load balancing.
This is the Clover of today. You can help shape the Clover of tomorrow.
About us Clover, a First Data company, builds the largest open-architecture point of sale solution aimed at small & medium sized business owners. Our products are changing the consumer/merchant experience for the better, opening avenues for seamless customer-merchant interactions. There are four versions of Clover, including the Clover Station, Clover Mobile, Clover Mini, and Clover Go. With Clover, First Data is aiming to create the largest open architecture operating system for commerce-enabling solutions and applications for business owners.
Want to learn more about Clover? Visit Clover's website.
13 Active Jobs
Come join the Gemini team and help us build the future of money!