Every day, Clover devices handle the core card and point-of-sale processing for hundreds of thousands of merchants. Behind the scenes, we operate a cloud platform providing processing, storage and collaboration for merchants, application developers, service providers and our merchants' customers. Our devices and platform form the backbone of millions of payment interactions between merchants and their customers daily. We are looking for somebody to join the team that is naturally curious about technology. We don't expect you to know everything, but you should have a positive attitude and willingness to jump in and learn something new.
The platform engineering team works on everything from:
· Fully automated provisioning, that includes secure & simple manage networks, and VPC environments
· Cloud scale infrastructure using open source products such as Kubernetes, ELK, OpenVPN, FreeRadius
· Cloud based SaaS monitoring and dashboards that cover datacenter, systems and application health
What you will be doing:· Collaborate with cross-functional teams to create and roll out a new product
· Help build out cloud network environment and modernize office/client networking.
· Research and evaluate hardware, software, and SAAS for ease of management, operations and scaling
· Help choose solutions and work with the team to integrate into product
· Help architect and implement network monitoring tools
· Build tools and automated solutions for managing VPN tunnels, routing, and failover of all sites and services
Experience to be successful:· 10+ years of experience as a Networking Engineer, for SRE/DevOps engineering (with a focus on Networking)
· Proficient, hands-on experience in diagnosing and troubleshooting systems, including performance management and capacity planning
· Ability to mentor other members other team members on the data center and cloud operations
· Strong knowledge of network technologies and protocols (BGP, EVPN, VXLAN, TCP/IP,..)
· Familiarity with multiple network vendors (Palo Alto, Cisco, Vayetta, Ubiquity, and OpenVPN, )
· Knowledge of networking best practices especially with regards to enterprise networking
· Experience with scripting or development experience (ex. Python, Ruby, Perl, shell, etc.)
· Familiarity with configuration management tools (Terraform, Puppet or Ansible etc.)
· Experience with monitoring and alerting systems such as Nagios, AppDynamics, NewRelic, WaveFront, Prometheus)
· Solid project management and scoping capabilities, which include accurate assessments of work efforts and time-frames to complete them.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
About us Clover, a First Data company, builds the largest open-architecture point of sale solution aimed at small & medium sized business owners. Our products are changing the consumer/merchant experience for the better, opening avenues for seamless customer-merchant interactions. There are four versions of Clover, including the Clover Station, Clover Mobile, Clover Mini, and Clover Go. With Clover, First Data is aiming to create the largest open architecture operating system for commerce-enabling solutions and applications for business owners.