Every day, Clover devices handle the core credit card and point-of-sale processing for hundreds of thousands of merchants. Behind the scenes, we operate a cloud platform providing processing, storage and collaboration for merchants, application developers, service providers and our merchants' customers. Our devices and platform form the backbone of millions of payment interactions between merchants and their customers daily.
Clover Web engineers are tasked with improving/expanding our Point of Sale offering and product by developing web applications and supporting a wide range of functionality across the suite of apps we provide our merchants. Our full Web Engineers work closely with Server Application Engineers, the Product Team, QA and designers. Our engineers are pragmatic in balancing priorities and enjoy working in an iterative model where web features are released every other week.
- Own one, or more, of the Point of Sale web applications related to Restaurant management, Online ordering, Retail, etc; add new features, resolve bugs, and refactor/ improve the code base
- Identify technical requirements in product meetings and assist the business team with realistic project planning and feature development; translate product requirements into functional, maintainable, extensible software that is in-line with company objectives
- Take ownership of new products/features from development through deployment and production monitoring
- Write automated tests for new features and update existing tests as needed
- Work with QA to develop test plans/strategies
- Participate in a regular on-call rotation
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent engineering field
- Minimum 2+ years of Web Applications development
- Strong understanding of Java script /Typescript also familiarity with front-end frameworks such as React and Ember.
- Proficiency with CSS3 and HTML5 templating
- Familiarity with development tools like Jenkins, Maven etc and monitoring tools like Kibana, Wavefront etc.
- Some experience writing tests; we use Jest, Cypress.io and Selenium.
- Experience with package management systems, such as Yarn, Bower, etc.
- Understanding of build systems: Web-pack, Rollup, etc.
- Superior problem-solving skills and browser debugging capabilities
- Flexible and self-driven with a collaborative approach to problem-solving
Nice to Have:
- Proficiency with server side languages such as Python & Java and frameworks like Spring and understanding of REST APIs
- Good understanding with database technology such as MySQL/Oracle and NoSql DB.
- Some exposure to CSS pre-compilers, such as Sass or Less
- Experience with building web apps that are ADA compliant
- Experience with distributed computing
- Web Security
About us Clover, a First Data company, builds the largest open-architecture point of sale solution aimed at small & medium sized business owners. Our products are changing the consumer/merchant experience for the better, opening avenues for seamless customer-merchant interactions. There are four versions of Clover, including the Clover Station, Clover Mobile, Clover Mini, and Clover Go. With Clover, First Data is aiming to create the largest open architecture operating system for commerce-enabling solutions and applications for business owners.
Want to learn more about Clover? Visit Clover's website.
12 Active Jobs
Our cornerstone is knowledge of the home, family, food and lifestyle markets.