In the coming year the Clover Companion mobile app is expanding services to more international markets. We’re integrating with new payment devices and platforms and driving the requirement for key services within the Clover engineering ecosystem.
We plan to further grow our semi-integrated partnerships, expand services to deal with multi-site and enterprise merchant management, and ramp up existing services for global expansion. On a daily basis, a Server Engineer working on Clover GO will spend 10% of the time reviewing designs of new features, 50% of the time developing features, 30% of the time investigating/reproducing/resolving bugs, and about 10% of the time creating tests and helpful documentation. We are interested in hiring flexible engineers who are not afraid to be involved in product discussions and work with multiple parts of the stack.
- Own the backend stability and feature set roadmap for the Clover Go And Companion App applications; add new features, resolve bugs, and refactor/ improve code base.
- Identify technical requirements in product meetings and assist the business team with realistic project planning and feature development; translate product requirements into functional, maintainable, extensible software that is in-line with company objectives
- Implement new Clover applications as needed; take ownership of the new product from development through deployment and production monitoring
- Collaborate with Web and Mobile Engineers to determine the best way to maintain low response times as new features are designed
- Work with QA to develop test plans/strategies
- Participate in a regular on call rotation
- Strong Java developer, with ability to prioritize assign and execute tasks throughout the entire SDLC.
- Experience designing and developing using RESTful APIs.
- Knowledge and experience developing solutions for distributed systems architecture including micro-services.
- Familiarity with one or more SQL/RDBMS systems
- Adept at integrating with 3rd party API’s and tools.
- Superior problem-solving skills and debugging capabilities
- Flexible and self driven with a collaborative approach to problem solving
- Experience with a cloud platform: AWS, Google Cloud, etc.
- Knowledge and experience using ELK stack
About us Clover, a First Data company, builds the largest open-architecture point of sale solution aimed at small & medium sized business owners. Our products are changing the consumer/merchant experience for the better, opening avenues for seamless customer-merchant interactions. There are four versions of Clover, including the Clover Station, Clover Mobile, Clover Mini, and Clover Go. With Clover, First Data is aiming to create the largest open architecture operating system for commerce-enabling solutions and applications for business owners.
Want to learn more about Clover? Visit Clover's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.