Every day, Clover devices handle the core credit card and point-of-sale processing for hundreds of thousands of merchants. Behind the scenes, we operate a cloud platform providing processing, storage and collaboration for merchants, application developers, service providers and our merchants' customers. Our devices and platform form the backbone of millions of payment interactions between merchants and their customers daily. We are looking for self starters with a passion for technology who want to help us impact millions of merchant’s lives one transaction at a time.
- Own one, or more, of the web services; add new features, resolve bugs, and refactor/ improve code base
- Identify technical requirements in product meetings and assist the business team with realistic project planning and feature development; translate product requirements into functional, maintainable, extensible software that is in-line with company objectives
- Take ownership of new products/features from development through deployment and production monitoring
- Write automated tests for new web features and update existing tests as needed
- Collaborate with Server Application Engineers to determine the best way to maintain low response times as new features are designed
- Work with QA to develop test plans/strategies
- Participate in a regular on call rotation
- Excellent coding skills; Java is our language of choice
- Strong understanding of relational databases and proficiency with MySQL
- Experience with API design - RESTful paradigms and best practices
- Superior problem-solving skills and debugging capabilities
- Flexible and self starting
Nice to Have:
- Interest in working with multiple parts of the stack
- Experience with a cloud platform: AWS, Google Cloud Platform, etc.
- Python scripting
- Experience supporting highly-available software systems at scale
- 3 - 5 years professional backend Java experienceBachelors Degree, preferably in Computer Science or related field
About us Clover, a First Data company, builds the largest open-architecture point of sale solution aimed at small & medium sized business owners. Our products are changing the consumer/merchant experience for the better, opening avenues for seamless customer-merchant interactions. There are four versions of Clover, including the Clover Station, Clover Mobile, Clover Mini, and Clover Go. With Clover, First Data is aiming to create the largest open architecture operating system for commerce-enabling solutions and applications for business owners.
Want to learn more about Clover? Visit Clover's website.
Help the world share their story