Every day, Clover devices handle the core card and point-of-sale processing for hundreds of thousands of merchants. We provide next-generation payment services to the world's largest payment processor, First Data, (USD$2.2 trillion processing volume). Behind the scenes, we operate a cloud platform providing processing, storage and collaboration for merchants, application developers, service providers and our merchants' customers. Our devices and platform form the backbone of millions of payment interactions between merchants and their customers daily.
To support all of this, we have a team of engineers working around the clock to ensure our systems remain operational, safe and secure. Our systems not only process payments, but help merchants run their businesses with inventory management solutions, customer loyalty rewards and other applications that are tailored to their industry.
Our Server Infrastructure Engineers are highly capable problem solvers. In this role, you will help build highly scalable, distributed authentication & authorization systems for Clover. In the coming year we will be growing our semi-integrated partnerships, expanding services to deal with multi-site and enterprise merchant management, and ramping existing services up for global expansion. We hope to break our infrastructure down into digestible microservices to better support our ever-growing payments processing. The Infrastructure Team is also constantly adapting to new technology protocols and revamping existing infrastructure to better serve our business needs. Right now we are looking to add engineers to build highly scalable next gen authentication & authorization systems for Clover.
On a daily basis, you will spend 70-80% of your time working on building long term solutions to scale our infrastructure. The other 20-30% will be spent adding performance optimizations, implementing bug fixes, and monitoring production deployments and rolling releases.
- Design, develop, and manage highly available and scalable systems
- Monitor site reliability, availability, and performance
- Scale infrastructure and implement new solutions
- Take ownership of the features/services you work on- from development through deployment and verification, to adding everyday monitoring
- Willing to be part of a regular on call rotation
Identify technical requirements in product meetings and assist the business team with realistic project planning
- 5+ years of industry experience shipping production software
- Experience building large-scale distributed systems
- Superior problem-solving skills
- Strong coding skills; Java is our language of choice, as it is primarily used by the Infrastructure Team
- Familiarity with MySQL
- Some monitoring tools skills; we currently use Kibana and Wavefront for metrics
- Experience building highly available & scalable authentication & authorization systems that cannot be by-passed or tampered with
- Good understanding of OAuth and 2 factor authentication
- Bachelor's degree, or above, in computer science or other engineering discipline, or equivalent work experience
Nice to have:
- Experience with a cloud platform: AWS, Google Cloud or similar
- Experience with Docker and some orchestration technologies; Kubernetes, Swarm or similar
- Experience with NoSQL and/or globally distributed databases
- Past exposure to Android based clients or Netty framework
About us Clover, a First Data company, builds the largest open-architecture point of sale solution aimed at small & medium sized business owners. Our products are changing the consumer/merchant experience for the better, opening avenues for seamless customer-merchant interactions. There are four versions of Clover, including the Clover Station, Clover Mobile, Clover Mini, and Clover Go. With Clover, First Data is aiming to create the largest open architecture operating system for commerce-enabling solutions and applications for business owners.
Want to learn more about Clover? Visit Clover's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Front End Engineer
Domino Data Lab, Bengaluru
INDIGO fair, Waterloo
Technical Account Manager - NYC
Looker, New York
Software Engineer - Perception Tools and Platform
Zoox, Foster City, CA
Sr Software Engineer -Full Stack, Data Product Development
Visa, Austin TX, US
Engineering Manager, Payments Processing
Airbnb, San Francisco, United States