Every day, Clover devices handle the core card and point-of-sale processing for hundreds of thousands of merchants. We provide next-generation payment services to the world's largest payment processor, First Data, (USD$2.2 trillion processing volume). Behind the scenes, we operate a cloud platform providing processing, storage and collaboration for merchants, application developers, service providers and our merchants' customers. Our devices and platform form the backbone of millions of payment interactions between merchants and their customers daily. Clover has delivered over 1M devices, and we’re in a period of rapid global growth. We’re expanding into multiple international markets and plan to double our headcount over the next 18 months.
The Senior Director of People Operations will work closely with the COO, CEO and the Executive Team to support Clover’s vision & mission by building employment brand, delivering an outstanding employee experience, and curating an exceptional company culture.
This is a role for an experienced leader. You will focus on building and developing the People Ops function; this will include partnering with Recruiting, Business Operations and the leadership team. You will be responsible for all aspects of the People Operations function across all locations, including employee engagement, leadership and employee development, organizational effectiveness, talent acquisition, safety and health, change management, employee communications, and compensation and benefits. Success in this position requires the ability to operate in a fast-paced environment, outstanding communication skills, self-motivation, sound judgment and the ability to partner with employees across all functions and levels of the company. Your focus on employee engagement and your passion for employee development are critical to Clover’s success and ongoing growth.
- Serve as a thought partner and advisor to the COO, CEO and Leadership Team around all People Operations-related policies, programs and initiatives
- Provide analysis and insight that allows stakeholders to make informed decisions based on a full understanding of Clover culture and employee/business needs
- Partner with the Executive Team and the Head of Recruiting to plan short, medium, and long-term people needs and build and deliver on plans for hiring
- Serve as a strategic partner to the Executive Team to build a world-class culture and successfully implement strategic solutions supporting business growth and employee engagement and retention
- Build and maintain roadmap of company events and team activities across all locations that reinforce Clover values and keep us a great place to work
- Lead the organization to deliver best-in-class people operations – including recruiting and retention, performance management/internal review processes, on-boarding, orientation, learning and development and employee relations
- Develop and manage benefit and compensation programs that are market competitive and compelling to candidates
- Provide strategic leadership in order to build and maintain robust performance management with a focus on continuous improvement, talent and organizational development, workforce planning, career pathing, and succession planning capability
- Ensure compensation policy and processes are in alignment so that employees receive incentives and rewards for effective performance
- Identify gaps between current organizational capabilities and future strategic objectives of the organization, and develop plans to close those gaps
- Design and lead the organization’s strategy around diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Determine where technology can be used to automate systems and processes, reduce costs and create efficiencies in the Human Resources function
- Maintain responsibility for compliance with federal, state and local laws pertaining to all employee matters
- Lead Facilities Operations for multiple remote office locations including the coordination of office layout and space allocation, communication services, facility maintenance, vendor relationships, and food services
- Build and maintain partnerships with our parent company, First Data and their People Operations leaders and departments
The Ideal Candidate:
- Our ideal candidate will be an innovative, collaborative, and action oriented People Operations professional with 8-10 years of experience, including 5+ years leadership role in technology and consumer internet companies
- Is a leader with experience planning, designing and implementing a comprehensive set of People Operations initiatives that meet the business objectives of the company, and also supports and advocates for the employees.
- Is passionate about people development, with ability to translate that passion into programs that build employee engagement and develop employees at all levels
- Is a leader with strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to manage employee communications and relations, conflict management, team-building and coaching, and the ability to guide people through change
- Will be intellectually curious, a problem solver with deep People Operations knowledge and will build a solid knowledge of Clover. An executive who can add perspective and leadership beyond functional responsibility.
- Has strong knowledge of Employment Laws, Compliance, Immigration and best practices
- Is a hands-on leader with the ability to attract a highly motivated and talented team
- Inspires a culture of innovation, execution, collaboration, accountability, positivity and fun
- Has a strong work ethic, is a self-starter, and is willing to do what it takes to deliver
- Embodies the highest ethical standards, integrity, credibility and character
- Is able to operate at a strategic as well as operational level
- Has executive presence and ability to lead and influence by example
- Is emotionally intelligent and self-aware, collaborative and supportive nature
About us Clover, a First Data company, builds the largest open-architecture point of sale solution aimed at small & medium sized business owners. Our products are changing the consumer/merchant experience for the better, opening avenues for seamless customer-merchant interactions. There are four versions of Clover, including the Clover Station, Clover Mobile, Clover Mini, and Clover Go. With Clover, First Data is aiming to create the largest open architecture operating system for commerce-enabling solutions and applications for business owners.
Want to learn more about Clover? Visit Clover's website.
Jobs You May Like
Gusto, San Francisco, Denver
Airbnb, San Francisco, United States
Palantir Technologies, Munich, Germany
Convoy, Seattle, Washington
Montessori Primary Head Teacher - Mandarin Immersion Program
LePort Montessori, Irvine, CA
Talent Acquisition Senior Manager - Africa (Sourcing)
Andela, Lagos, Nigeria, Nairobi, Kenya