Roles & Responsibilities:
- Work collaboratively with other designers, engineers, and product managers on multiple interrelated projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Evaluate data from multiple sources, synthesize it, and develop design strategies according to best UX practices.
- Take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into congruent scenarios, usable flows, and simple, intuitive interfaces.
- Must be a motivated self-starter capable of personally managing projects.
- Document and reflect on your process in Medium articles.
- Excellent verbal communication skills and ability to soundly discuss design decisions.
- Strong visual communication skills with a keen eye for typography, layout, and color.
- Portfolio that showcases a record of delivering inventive solutions for demanding and complex design problems.
- Experience conducting user testing.
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated with a passion for pixel perfection, consistency, organization, usability, and discoverability.
- Proficiency with the Sketch, Adobe Suite, and prototyping tools.
Codecademy is a team of hackers working hard to build a better way for anyone to teach, and learn, how to code. We're determined to succeed in realizing our mission to turn a world of tech consumers into one of empowered builders. We're backed by some great people, including: Naspers, Union Square Ventures, O'Reilly, SV Angel, Thrive Capital, Index Ventures, CrunchFund, Collaborative Fund, Founder Collective, Yuri Milner, Vivi Nevo, Richard Branson, and several others.