Codility, London, England
WE HELP COMPANIES TEST CODERS AND IMPROVE PROGRAMMING SKILLS WORLDWIDE
The Codility Mission
The world needs more problem-solving capacity, so at Codility we're redefining how some of the most influential software engineering teams in the world are built. Using our platform, candidates are evaluated on an even playing field based on the technical skills that matter so companies can make better hiring decisions without wasting engineering time.
Over 10 years we've helped thousands of engineering leaders across the world build high-performing, diverse teams, and evaluated the problem-solving skills of over 12 million job candidates. 2020 drove our customers online putting our platform at the forefront of remote-first hiring, helping companies like Microsoft, Tesla and Slack evolve their remote-hiring approach. We are driving a shift in how world class engineering teams are formed and have a bold vision for the future of tech hiring.
We are looking for an experienced Engineering Manager, who will lead our core product Screening team and help in shaping the future of the screening assessment platform and its increasing value to the company. The Engineering Manager will report to the Director of Engineering, lead a team of engineers facing complex fullstack technical challenges and partner with the team’s Product Manager, Product Designer, Product Researcher and with various key stakeholders across the organization to identify, design and deliver the big next opportunities. We are hiring in multiple locations: London, Berlin and Warsaw.
Scope of responsibilities
- Define and deliver the team’s technical roadmap, foster innovation and allow your multi-disciplinary teams to deliver on our mission
- Help to architect and design scalable solutions, systems, APIs and business processes to support Codility’s rapid growth
- Conduct and participate in technical design reviews
- Contribute to the overall maturity of deployment and other development processes
- Partner and collaborate effectively with the product manager, product designer and researcher to optimize the value provided based on evolving needs of our customers
- Be a highly technical, hands-on coder and an effective people manager
- Lead and guide engineering culture to form a high performance team
- Mentor and support engineers' growth and success, help them to find and focus on their strengths
- Communicate across functions and drive engineering initiatives
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years hands-on experience in core programming languages such as Python, Java, C++, Golang
- 3+ years experience working on fullstack systems with user facing products
- 3+ Experience architecting and designing scalable, distributed systems over cloud infrastructure
- 2+ years of proven hands-on technical leadership experience of a product team
- Comfortable supporting a remote product team
- Past experience with deployments on cloud infrastructure (AWS, Kubernetes)
- Proven track record of forming effective partnerships with product managers, product managers and data scientists
- Proven track record of creating and managing high performing teams
- Creative problem solving and analytical thinking
Benefits and Perks
At Codility, we believe in a remote "people first" culture:
- With hubs in San Francisco, London, Warsaw, and Berlin; you choose where you want to work be it 100% from home or in an office
- 27 days of PTO globally with generous holiday allowance and four additional mental health days designated for mental wellbeing
- Highly Desirable Remuneration
- Employee incentive stock options
- Investment in your ongoing development
- Culture of Trust & Empowerment
- Working in an agile, cross-functional team, iterating quickly during the product development cycle
We know that great work isn't done without a phenomenal team. We are always looking to hire the absolute best talent and recognize that diversity in our experiences and backgrounds is what makes us stronger. We insist on an inclusive culture where everyone feels safe to contribute and help us innovate. We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, or veteran status. These differences are what enable us to work towards the future we envision for ourselves, our product, our customers, and our world.
Our Story Our story started in 2005 when Greg, our founder, was looking for a quick way to recruit the 20 additional software engineers needed by the IT start-up he worked for in China, while at the same time saving time, money and avoiding stress. The result was the beta version of Codility: a tool to filter out the 90+% of candidates who are unable to deliver correct solutions to easy programming tasks. In 2009 we won the Seedcamp competition and soon afterwards registered in London, UK where we continued to grow, drawing only from that original investment. Over the next few years, Codility developed very quickly and moved to Warsaw, Poland, where most of the team is now based. Since then, more than 1200 companies in over 120 countries have used Codility and over 4953717 tests have been assessed.
Want to learn more about Codility? Visit Codility's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.