WE HELP COMPANIES TEST CODERS AND IMPROVE PROGRAMMING SKILLS WORLDWIDE
Who are we?
Codility is the #1 rated technical hiring platform. Our mission is to enable engineering teams to make accurate and fair hiring decisions efficiently. Codility is partnering with innovative companies like Microsoft, Amazon and PayPal to help them build and grow diverse, high-performing engineering teams through our CodeCheck platform to screen candidate skills; CodeLive to host technical interviews; and CodeChallenges for recruitment marketing. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates to help us get there.
By joining Codility, you will have the unique opportunity to impact the HR tech stacks of high growth to enterprise companies and drive a new shift in how world class engineering teams are built. Today, Codility powers 1,500+ businesses in 63 countries; facilitates 50,000+ candidate evaluations monthly; and has evaluated over 12 million engineers and counting.
Why Codility needs you.
We are growing at warp speed. Every innovative company in the world is looking to attract and hire the best developer talent, and do it in a way that is remote, fast, easy and efficient. As the leader in technical hiring, we help recruiters and engineering teams save time and win in the war for talent by focusing their attention on the best technical candidates. In order to do this, we are seeking an experienced Chief Architect. As a Chief Architect, you will report directly to our CTO and be a member of the senior Engineering leadership team. As a Chief Architect you are one of the most senior individual contributors at Codility with one of the highest levels of influence on the engineering department's overall architecture for business continuity-critical services as well as the overall technical community - designing efficient and reliable software delivery systems and tools for our product engineering teams to architecting and building loosely-coupled and well-encapsulated distributed systems to serve our customers - all on top of cloud infrastructure and at-scale. Your strategic perspective and ability to identify and act upon the patterns that exist across our teams, customers, products, people and data are invaluable.
What you will do.
- Define and own the system architecture and design of internal and customer-facing systems, services and tool
- Be an advocate for developer productivity, delivery quality and operational excellence
- Partner with both Engineering and Product leadership to ensure our business and technology strategies align
- Design highly scalable processes, systems and services that are used by thousands of customers
- Understand and focus on the interaction and of technology and business strategy
- Be a mentor for other senior engineering leaders and engineers within the engineering department
Who you are.
- Exceptional experience in designing, developing and operating business-critical distributed systems at scale
- Experience working with senior management and driving organizational change from a technical starting point
- Deep understanding and hands-on experience with a broad range of system architecture types
- Experience in evaluating and introducing new technologies and architecture methodologies and patterns
- Experience in proposing and driving technical changes across technology teams
- Be equally comfortable to contribute to business centric and deep technical discussions
- Mentor and grow other principal engineers and technical leaders
- Entrepreneurial, highly self-motivated, independent, passionate, and energetic leader
- Humble, checked ego and a customer-centric team player
We would love if you have.
- Hands-on Experience with designing systems and products from early stage to enterprise grade
- Past experience with designing continuous integration and deployment systems on cloud infrastructure (AWS, Kubernetes)
- Outstanding communication skills, as you'll be working with multiple stakeholders, championing your strategy and considering a wide variety of views
- Exceptional creative problem solving and analytical thinking
What we offer.
- A progressive remote first culture with an aggressive compensation plan.
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan that gives everyone interest in the company.
- Amazing benefits to include
- 27 days of PTO
- 4 mental health days
- 18 Paid Holidays
- 401K match of 4%
- Incredible health, dental, and vision
- Monthly health & Wellness budget
- Yearly Personal Development budget
- An inclusive culture with multiple Employee Resource Groups
At Codility, we know that great work isn’t done without a phenomenal team. We are always looking to hire the absolute best talent and recognize that diversity in our experiences and backgrounds is what makes us stronger. We insist on an inclusive culture where everyone feels safe to contribute and help us innovate. We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, or veteran status. These differences are what enable us to work towards the future we envision for ourselves, our product, our customers, and our world.
Our Story Our story started in 2005 when Greg, our founder, was looking for a quick way to recruit the 20 additional software engineers needed by the IT start-up he worked for in China, while at the same time saving time, money and avoiding stress. The result was the beta version of Codility: a tool to filter out the 90+% of candidates who are unable to deliver correct solutions to easy programming tasks. In 2009 we won the Seedcamp competition and soon afterwards registered in London, UK where we continued to grow, drawing only from that original investment. Over the next few years, Codility developed very quickly and moved to Warsaw, Poland, where most of the team is now based. Since then, more than 1200 companies in over 120 countries have used Codility and over 4953717 tests have been assessed.
Want to learn more about Codility? Visit Codility's website.
High-quality tools for hosting, sharing, and streaming videos