Backend Software Engineer
Coffee Meets Bagel, SF, Seattle, or Remote
A private & free online dating app for singles looking for real relationships
Your mission is to help people fall in love!
As a software engineer on Coffee Meets Bagel's backend team, you will solve a wide array of engineering challenges. Most importantly, you will work with senior members of our engineering team to architect and implement new features on our mobile apps by supporting the iOS and Android engineers with our internal API. You will also help maintain the site from an operational perspective, keeping the website and API running 24x7 and responding quickly to outages or problems. You will help support our data science team who are improving our core matching algorithm, which uses machine learning and other techniques. Your challenge will be to write excellent code that scales to millions of users!
If you like fast-paced startups, Coffee Meets Bagel is the place for you. Your mission is to help people fall in love and make sure they have an awesome experience find their Bagels! We are looking for a driven software engineer who is ready to step up and make a big impact at a growing start-up that helps people fall in love.
- At least 3-5 years of experience in backend software development and architecture
- Strong proficiency in Python and knowledge of the frameworks available for it
- Some proficiency in statically typed languages such as Go, Java, Scala, and similar
- Familiarity with designing and building RESTful APIs
- Understanding the nature of asynchronous programming and the fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Experience architecting and operating high-throughput and high-data volume systems
- Solid grasp of both noSQL and SQL databases
- Experience with performance benchmarking and diagnostic tools
- Experience with TDD and other testing best practices
- Excellent technical communication skills, the ability to elaborate complex technical concepts and collaborate effectively with fellow engineers
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience with real time chat applications
- Experience working on APIs that support mobile clients
- Experience with Django, Postgres, ElasticSearch, Redis, Cassandra, Nginx, Gunicorn, Scala, Docker, AWS (EC2, S3, SQS, Kinesis, ElasticCache, Redshift)
- Experience in distributed systems design and architecture
- A passion for startups
Coffee Meets Bagel is helping people around the world fall in love and we LOVE what we do! Come to work every day in our downtown San Francisco office right off the Powell Street BART station. We have all the usual startup perks including fully stocked snack bar, catered lunches, flexible work hours, flexible vacation policy, happy hours, and more!
...OR work from wherever you want from the comfort of your own home or the bustle of your favorite coffee shop! We believe in hiring the best people, wherever they are, and strive to create an inclusive and collaborative work environment--even for remote employees!
Check out our tech engineering
blog to get a closer look at what we've got going on under the hood! Or maybe you want some deeper insight on the culture at CMB? Jump over to keyvalues.io
to see what our engineering team is all about :)
About Coffee Meets Bagel
Coffee Meets Bagel (CMB) is a highly curated dating service where women call the final shot on who gets to talk to them among guys who expressed interest. We believe that the best dating experience is offered through a differentiated service for men and women. Globally, we have generated more than one million dates and thousands of lasting relationships.