Healthcare is an industry that comprises 20% of the US economy. We all depend on healthcare throughout our lifetimes, for ourselves, and our families and friends, but it is notoriously difficult to navigate, comprehend care choices, and practically impossible to understand what it costs. We believe that a dedicated group of engineers can apply modern technology to change all of this.
We’re looking for an experienced engineering leader to help build healthcare’s new infrastructure. In this role, you’ll lead the teams responsible for the core of our benefits administration, integration, and claims adjudication platforms which allow our clients, partners, and members to effortlessly interact with minimal human effort. If you believe it’s time to swap out the mainframe systems, FTP servers, and arcane file formats that power our healthcare system for something better, come join us.
What you’ll do:
- Lead multiple teams of software engineers working on developing core systems that help us run and administer healthcare plans including our claims adjudication platform, eligibility systems, integration products, and client launch tools
- Work closely with our health plan operations teams to understand their workflows and rapidly deploy new software solutions to save manual effort
- Work collaboratively with a team of product managers, data scientists, and designers to deliver great software
- Reports to VP of Engineering and manages team in SF office.
- Spend your time working on a loved product (75 NPS) that has a significant impact on the health and happiness of our growing member population.
What we’re looking for:
- 10+ years building and architecting reliable, cloud based software systems
- 5+ years of engineering management experience with a track record of leading productive teams
- You’ve led teams of 20+ engineers and have experience managing managers
- You care deeply about helping engineers and managers develop new skills and advance in their careers
- You have a track record of attracting and retaining great talent
- You’re a clear and persuasive communicator in writing and in person
- Experience working with our toolset -- our application is a distributed system composed of dockerized java and node.js microservices running on AWS
- Prior experience in healthcare, insurance, payments, or similar domains is a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
About Collective Health
While medical technology continues to take giant steps forward, somehow the systems driving health coverage are still stuck in the past. The experience we have today is confusing. It’s painful. And we all deserve better. Collective Health was founded on the belief that better is possible. Driven by our mission to make understanding, navigating, and paying for care effortless, we’ve evolved the way health benefits work. More than 155 million Americans count on an employer for coverage. That's why, with the technology to create a more intelligent solution and the compassion to know that every person matters, we deliver a connected healthcare experience for companies who want the best for their employees.
Want to learn more about Collective Health? Visit Collective Health's website.
Jobs You May Like
Technical Security Analyst, Incident Response
Pinterest, San Francisco, CA
English speaking Game Presenter
Teachable, New York, NY
Software Engineering Manager
MyFitnessPal, San Francisco, CA
Scalable Press, Guadalajara, Mexico
Front End Software Engineer
SigFig, Calgary, Canada