At Collective Health, we're modernizing employer-sponsored health insurance and building the first healthcare solution that is highly scalable, accurate, and people actually look forward to interacting with. We believe that with a modern software stack, a small, dedicated team can replace entrenched 5000-person incumbents. We are now in our 6th year of innovating US health care and we are rapidly growing in all dimensions: our customers, our users, and in the number of engineers building our health care technology solutions.
As an engineering team, we believe good code is easy to read and understand. We love automation, code reviews, and continuous integration and expect all of our engineers to continually teach as well as learn. Our company as a whole places a high priority on the overall member experience, including customer support (you shouldn't have to wait on hold ever), legal language (you shouldn't have to be a lawyer to read your health plan), and intuitive web design.
As a backend engineer on our engineering team, you will have the opportunity to work on a modern stack and leverage technologies such as micro services, distributed data pipelines, docker and cloud native applications to help solve some of the most challenging problems in the healthcare industry.
From building our next generation claims engine to building a personalization platform, we have a wide array of opportunities across different product areas for backend engineers.
What you’ll do:
• Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software.
• Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
What we’re looking for:
• BS or MS in Computer Science or related technical field
• 3+ years of software engineering experience as a backend engineer
• You have a track record of developing cloud-native and well-tested software relies on robots and continuous integration, not humans, to validate builds
• Experience working with our toolset is a plus. We have a micro services stack where the main services are written mainly in Java while leveraging Amazon Web Services (S3, SQS, MQ)
• Experience with scalable streaming data pipelines and reactive technologies is a plus
• Experience with HIPAA compliant systems is a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
About Collective Health
While medical technology continues to take giant steps forward, somehow the systems driving health coverage are still stuck in the past. The experience we have today is confusing. It’s painful. And we all deserve better. Collective Health was founded on the belief that better is possible. Driven by our mission to make understanding, navigating, and paying for care effortless, we’ve evolved the way health benefits work. More than 155 million Americans count on an employer for coverage. That's why, with the technology to create a more intelligent solution and the compassion to know that every person matters, we deliver a connected healthcare experience for companies who want the best for their employees.
Want to learn more about Collective Health? Visit Collective Health's website.
Jobs You May Like
Software Engineer - Data
Backend Services Engineer
Meteor Development Group, San Francisco
Confluent, Palo Alto, California
Software Engineer, Infrastructure
Venmo, San Francisco, CA
Sr. Software/ Platform Engineer- Berlin
Anaconda, Berlin, Germany