We are looking for an Actuary to join the Analytics team at Collective Health. This position requires a healthcare background, proven experience communicating complex financial and actuarial findings, deep understanding of actuarial and quantitative modeling techniques, and a genuine passion for building analytic solutions for a variety of key stakeholders.
In this position, you will take an active role in interpreting actuarial & analytical findings for inforce clients and prepare financial projections for prospective clients. You will serve as a subject matter expert in the data that Collective Health warehouses on behalf of our clients, and leverage that data to lead timely analyses that help our clients understand their health care spend. You will participate in projects & initiatives across Collective Health’s Sales, Client, Product & Operations functional areas.
- BA/BS degree in a quantitative field
- Associate or Fellow of the Society of Actuaries
- 5 or more years of experience as an Actuary in a health plan, consulting or similar environment
- Demonstrated success communicating technical findings to internal or external stakeholders
- Strong analytical, quantitative & technical skillset
- Proficient with spreadsheet analysis (Excel) and familiarity with SQL
Ideal candidates will have experience with most of the following:
- Pricing and ratemaking
- Financial reporting for self-funded health & welfare plans
- PBM contract evaluation & pricing analysis
- Healthcare cost trend evaluation & analysis
- Estimating actuarial value and the impact of plan design changes
- Constructing actuarial models in Excel and VBA
- Using SQL to summarize exposure & financial data from a healthcare data warehouse
Typical assignments and projects may include:
- Participating in discussions with prospective clients
- Producing and overseeing healthcare cost projections for commercial populations
- Creating ad hoc cost & utilization analyses and explaining those results to inforce clients
- Supporting discussions about and evaluating changes in PBM contracting
- Identifying drivers of healthcare cost trend for our Operations, Product & other internal stakeholders
- Constructing, implementing & improving actuarial models
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
About Collective Health
While medical technology continues to take giant steps forward, somehow the systems driving health coverage are still stuck in the past. The experience we have today is confusing. It’s painful. And we all deserve better. Collective Health was founded on the belief that better is possible. Driven by our mission to make understanding, navigating, and paying for care effortless, we’ve evolved the way health benefits work. More than 155 million Americans count on an employer for coverage. That's why, with the technology to create a more intelligent solution and the compassion to know that every person matters, we deliver a connected healthcare experience for companies who want the best for their employees.
Want to learn more about Collective Health? Visit Collective Health's website.
Jobs You May Like
Research Associate - NGS
Ginkgo Bioworks, Boston, MA
Senior Data Engineer, Location Data
Mapbox, San Francisco, CA
Junior Data Scientist (France - Paris)
Bulk Handling Systems
Software Controls Engineer
Bulk Handling Systems, National Recovery Technologies (NRT)
Data Scientist, Natural Language Processing (NY)
Etsy, New York, NY