With a mission to fundamentally transform U.S. healthcare, Collective Health is the ideal workplace for a self-starting, team-oriented attorney who wants to make a major impact and assume meaningful responsibilities at a fast-growing technology company. We seek a creative, business-minded attorney to become our Commercial Counsel and to act as the go-to lawyer for all commercial legal needs. Besides helping drive Collective Health’s commercial strategy, you will advise on regulatory and SaaS product matters. As a member of our legal team, you’ll help address the company’s—and the industry’s—most complex and novel legal challenges as you help us build a world-class healthcare technology company.
In this role you will:
- Draft, define, review, and negotiate inbound, outbound, and partnership commercial agreements, including client contracts, master services agreements with key partners, vendor and SaaS agreements, data security/confidentiality agreements, and business associate agreements—both from templates and from scratch.
- Assist with counseling product and operations teams on issues including compliance with laws applicable to health plans, privacy, and intellectual property.
- Collaborate with internal and external experts to ensure that commercial agreements appropriately manage risk and comply with policies, laws, rules, and regulations.
- Build a commercial legal strategy for the national sales team and support their business strategy to help define the future of healthcare.
- Guide operations and product teams on service level agreements and new and existing business arrangements.
- Troubleshoot commercial issues, agiley devise workable solutions to support the business, and improve legal forms, processes, and procedures.
- Educate internal business teams on contract terms, negotiation best practices, commercial implications, legal risks etc.
- Hold a seat at the table as a trusted, proactive business partner to senior managers and leadership at all levels.
If most of the following apply to you, we’d love to talk:
- A J.D., with a current license to practice in California (either CA or Rule 965 admitted)
- 5+ years of relevant legal practice at a law firm and/or high-growth technology company
- Experience structuring, drafting, and negotiating complex commercial agreements and in counseling clients across an enterprise. B2B and B2C experience valued.
- Experience with HIPAA, ERISA, or regulated industries strongly favored.
- Comfortable handling privacy and data protection topics in the commercial context.
- Exceptional client communication skills.
- Excellent judgment, including consistent ability to make thoughtful, difficult calls, weigh all factors of a decision (keeping the big picture in mind while considering the details), and communicating those effectively to business clients.
- Talent for building trusted relationships and for balancing different points of view.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
About Collective Health
While medical technology continues to take giant steps forward, somehow the systems driving health coverage are still stuck in the past. The experience we have today is confusing. It’s painful. And we all deserve better. Collective Health was founded on the belief that better is possible. Driven by our mission to make understanding, navigating, and paying for care effortless, we’ve evolved the way health benefits work. More than 155 million Americans count on an employer for coverage. That's why, with the technology to create a more intelligent solution and the compassion to know that every person matters, we deliver a connected healthcare experience for companies who want the best for their employees.
Want to learn more about Collective Health? Visit Collective Health's website.
Jobs You May Like
Qualified Auditors required!
KPMG New Zealand, Auckland
Fitbit, Romania - Bucharest
Senior Manager, Corporate Development & Strategic Finance
Credit Karma, San Francisco, CA
Senior Manager, Global Tax Accounting
Allbirds, Allbirds HQ
Senior Program Manager
Clover, Sunnyvale, CA
Lead SDET - Quality Assurance
Icertis, Pune Area, India