Collective Health is currently looking for an Assistant Controller to join the accounting team. Reporting into the Director of Accounting, this role will manage the corporate accounting function and lead a growing team. The Assistant Controller will manage the monthly close process and
perform accounting research and provide technical guidance as needed. You will coordinate the quarterly and annual audit deliverables and manage the relationship with the auditors. As a member of Collective Health’s accounting team, you’ll have the opportunity to help address some of the company’s trickiest accounting and reporting challenges as we scale into a world-class healthcare technology company.
- Provide training, feedback and coaching to the corporate accounting team. Guide and mentor direct reports
- Perform and supervise accounting month end close, to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting
- Produce and continue to improve accounting processes
- Take the lead on researching technical accounting issues and be able to prepare robust documentation around the findings
- Help to manage the process around annual audits
- Work to scale and expand our accounting systems
- Bachelor's degree (Finance or Accounting)
- 7+ years of public accounting experience
- A strong foundation of accounting knowledge (CPA preferred)
- Proven ability to recruit, manage, train and coach staff
- Exceptionally deadline and detail-oriented
- Experience managing a team of like-minded professionals
- Strong interpersonal skills, and start-up/tech experience a plus
- Excited to build a better health insurance company!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
About Collective Health
While medical technology continues to take giant steps forward, somehow the systems driving health coverage are still stuck in the past. The experience we have today is confusing. It’s painful. And we all deserve better. Collective Health was founded on the belief that better is possible. Driven by our mission to make understanding, navigating, and paying for care effortless, we’ve evolved the way health benefits work. More than 155 million Americans count on an employer for coverage. That's why, with the technology to create a more intelligent solution and the compassion to know that every person matters, we deliver a connected healthcare experience for companies who want the best for their employees.
Want to learn more about Collective Health? Visit Collective Health's website.
Jobs You May Like
Accounting & Regulatory Reporting Branch Manager - Italy
N26, Berlin or Milan
Director, Financial Planning & Analysis
Mixpanel, San Francisco
Director, Tax Policy
Airbnb, San Francisco, United States
Senior Patent Counsel
Penumbra, Alameda, CA
Business Process & Internal Controls Manager
Penumbra, Alameda, CA
Graphic Designer (Part-Time) | Mental Health Incubator Startup
Affect Mental Health, Boston, MA