Collective Health is a software and services company creating the healthcare experience we all deserve. Its team of engineers, designers and actuaries are starting by redefining the $1 trillion-dollar market of employer-sponsored health insurance with data driven products. Using Collective Health's complete health insurance solution, companies can design, administer and transform the consumer experience of health insurance by harnessing the power of design and technology.
Collective Health is seeking an effective relationship builder and a strategic and tenaciously execution-minded person to join the Platform Partnerships and Strategy Team and own and develop key consultant relationships. The Platform Partnerships & Strategy Team has a mandate to expand our strategic alliances and enrich our relationships with key consultants and other strategic influencers within the healthcare industry. The Head of Consultant Relations will collaborate closely with internal stakeholders, including the sales team, marketing team, and analytics, and product team. The primary areas of focus will be:
- To partner with RVPs and sales support in the maintenance of strong relationships with key contacts in the consulting community, build understanding about our solutions and capabilities, and expand the broader conversation around healthcare benefits strategies with key innovation leaders throughout the United States;
- To support strategic alliances and shared programs with consulting houses eager to bring a differentiated product to the market; and
- Collaborate with key groups at Collective Health (analytics, product, marketing, sales, and customer experience) to ensure our work is informed by the needs and priorities expressed by market influencers.
The ideal candidate for this role has a strong background and interest in healthcare and benefits consulting, relationship management, team building and leadership, strategic thinking, executing a process across multiple internal and external stakeholders, leading company presentations externally and internally, and an ability to drive programs and alliances from inception through negotiation and implementation.
As a leader at Collective Health and responsible for a core function within the broader Collective Health team, this role will be involved with several critical initiatives to enhance company success, and will be exposed to strategic initiatives pursued across the company. The person will be a representative of Collective Health’s values and vision both internally and externally.
- Serve as executive mapping to the leadership teams with consulting firms in ongoing management of the relationships
- Strategize and implement a relationship management program for key senior contacts and offices, including innovation partners, leaders, and councils, within each firm
- Develop an annual calendar of consultant events and meetings to facilitate a regular cycle of meetings to further relationships and build understanding
- Coordinate Collective Health participation in events sponsored by the consulting firms which further our mutual business opportunities
- Maintain business intelligence on current events within the consultant community and up-to-date resource on consultant-client-Collective Health relationship status
- Build and manage an industry leading team of top talent to serve as the strategic touchpoints to the consultant community
- Identify metrics and monitor ongoing program performance, making adjustments as necessary and provide periodic updates on program performance to leadership, including analysis of performance and recommendations of changes as necessary.
- Collaborate with analytics, product and marketing teams to create and update educational material for the consulting community and provide strategy, analysis, support, ideas and guidance to regional geography channel leadership teams
- Articulate sophisticated product vision and strategies to both internal and external partners by providing relevant insights to internal teams based on consultant feedback and data analysis
- Additional responsibilities to include being a thought partner on overall company strategy, helping to prioritize scope of business development activities and measurement of success, participating across team initiatives
- 15+ years’ experience in healthcare industry preferably in customer-facing and/or consultant/channel facing roles
- Experience managing customer relationships in multi-year contract cycles
- Knowledge of and relationships with innovation leads and similar leadership roles at key consulting firms
- Experience leading meetings and developing content for broad circulation
- Experience with complex negotiations for long-term relationship management
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Track record of success forging productive relationships within the healthcare consulting community
- Strong knowledge of the overall healthcare landscape, including good familiarity with healthcare companies and industry trends.
- Bachelor's degree required, advanced degree preferred
Collective Health is headquartered in San Francisco, CA, with additional offices in Chicago, IL, and Lehi, UT. Founded in 2013, Collective Health is backed by the SoftBank Vision Fund, DFJ Growth, PSP Investments, NEA, GV, G Squared, Founders Fund, Maverick Ventures, Mubadala Ventures, Sun Life, and other leading investors. For more information, visit us at https://www.collectivehealth.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
About Collective Health
While medical technology continues to take giant steps forward, somehow the systems driving health coverage are still stuck in the past. The experience we have today is confusing. It’s painful. And we all deserve better. Collective Health was founded on the belief that better is possible. Driven by our mission to make understanding, navigating, and paying for care effortless, we’ve evolved the way health benefits work. More than 155 million Americans count on an employer for coverage. That's why, with the technology to create a more intelligent solution and the compassion to know that every person matters, we deliver a connected healthcare experience for companies who want the best for their employees.