Senior Frontend Engineer
Collective Health, San Francisco, CA | Chicago, IL
Leading the healthcare evolution
We all depend on healthcare throughout our lifetimes, for ourselves, and our families and friends, but it is notoriously difficult to navigate and understand. As an industry that comprises 20% of the US economy we think healthcare should work better for all of us. At Collective Health we believe it’s time for a new day in healthcare where as members we are informed and empowered to make the right care choices when the decisions are urgent and critical.
At Collective Health, we care about creating a culture of diversity, openness, and transparency, while engaging our intellectual curiosity, and problem solving skills. In this role, you will be part of a team rebuilding our member eligibility platform. Eligibility is critical to the company, as it is the currency on which health insurance runs. As an engineering team, we believe good code is easy to read and understand. We expect all of our engineers to continually teach as well as learn.
As a frontend engineer, you'll be working with a talented team of dedicated engineers and product managers in all phases of the product development process. We are looking for someone who is ready to lead the way building next generation user interfaces. If you're passionate about tackling hard problems while making a real difference in the world, we'd love to talk!
What you'll do:
- Lead the team in building new interfaces for the next generation of eligibility
- Improve existing interfaces to help increase operations efficiency
- Build frontend platform components leveraged across our internal and external portals
- Contribute to our overall front end architecture and development experience partnering with other frontend engineers
- Mentor other engineers interested in learning frontend technologies
You'll be successful in this role if you have:
- Experience with a frontend framework(s), such as Backbone, Ember, Angular, or React
- Experience developing websites consuming from various APIs
- Consistent experience with unit testing
- Knowledge of full development life cycle and computer science fundamentals
- Experience with mentoring other engineers
- Strong communication up, down, and across teams
- React expertise
- Full stack experience
- Eventing/Streaming experience
- Open Source contributions
- Love building web applications that display and perform beautifully across browsers & devices
- Are proud of the maintainable code that you produce
- Are passionate about learning while also helping others learn
- Want to take part in modernizing health insurance
Then this is the place for you!
Collective Health is a technology company simplifying employer healthcare to make health insurance work for everyone. With more than a quarter million members and over 60 enterprise clients—including Pinterest, Red Bull, Restoration Hardware, Box, Activision Blizzard, and more—our technical and customer experience teams are reinventing the healthcare experience for forward-thinking employers and their people across the U.S.
Collective Health is headquartered in San Francisco, CA, with additional offices in Chicago, IL, and Lehi, UT. Founded in 2013, Collective Health is backed by the SoftBank Vision Fund, DFJ Growth, PSP Investments, NEA, GV, G Squared, Founders Fund, Maverick Ventures, Mubadala Ventures, Sun Life, and other leading investors. For more information, visit us at https://www.collectivehealth.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Collective Health is committed to providing support to candidates who require reasonable accommodation during the interview process. If you need assistance, please reach out to [email protected].
About Collective Health
While medical technology continues to take giant steps forward, somehow the systems driving health coverage are still stuck in the past. The experience we have today is confusing. It’s painful. And we all deserve better. Collective Health was founded on the belief that better is possible. Driven by our mission to make understanding, navigating, and paying for care effortless, we’ve evolved the way health benefits work. More than 155 million Americans count on an employer for coverage. That's why, with the technology to create a more intelligent solution and the compassion to know that every person matters, we deliver a connected healthcare experience for companies who want the best for their employees.
Want to learn more about Collective Health? Visit Collective Health's website.
Wholesale’s leading digital marketplace and data exchange