Staff Data Engineer
Collective Health, San Francisco, CA | Lehi, UT | Chicago, IL
Leading the healthcare evolution
We all depend on healthcare throughout our lifetimes, for ourselves, and our families and friends, but it is notoriously difficult to navigate and understand. As an industry that comprises 20% of the US economy we think healthcare should work better for all of us. At Collective Health we believe it’s time for a new day in healthcare where as members we are informed and empowered to make the right care choices when the decisions are urgent and critical.
At Collective Health, we care about creating a culture of diversity, openness, and transparency, while engaging our intellectual curiosity, and problem solving skills. In this role, you will be part of a team rebuilding our member eligibility platform. As an engineering team, we believe good code is easy to read and understand. We expect all of our engineers to continually teach as well as learn.
We've got a ton of interesting problems to solve around data, distributed systems, data pipelines, analytics and predictions, system reliability, security, privacy, and more. If you're passionate about tackling hard problems while making a real difference in the world, we'd love to talk!
As a Staff Data Engineer, you will:
- Be engaged in data modeling, data warehousing, and building ETL pipelines
- Knowledge of visualization tools like Looker, Tableau or Quicksight
- Continue to evolve our data platform, data models, and analytics
- Partner with Data Scientists, ML Engineers, Analysts and Product teams to achieve company goals
- Enable fellow developers to “self-service” their data needs
- Leverage best in industry practices to build the next generation data ecosystem to collect, move, store and analyze data
You’ll be successful in this role if you:
- Enjoy building well-engineered systems
- Have 10+ years of software engineering work experience
- Is well-versed in SQL, Java, Scala, Go and/or Python
- Familiar with Spark, AWS Services, Kafka, Presto
- Communicates clearly up, down and across teams
- Experience with data engineering is a plus
- Experience with modern streaming and/or eventing systems is a plus
- Balances getting things done with making things perfect
- Takes pride in mentoring other developers
- Loves working with a team of awesome, collaborative co-workers
- Likes to be involved in the decision making process, taking into account the needs of our customers as well as our company
Collective Health is a technology company simplifying employer healthcare to make health insurance work for everyone. With more than a quarter million members and over 60 enterprise clients—including Pinterest, Red Bull, Restoration Hardware, Box, Activision Blizzard, and more—our technical and customer experience teams are reinventing the healthcare experience for forward-thinking employers and their people across the U.S.
Collective Health is headquartered in San Francisco, CA, with additional offices in Chicago, IL, and Lehi, UT. Founded in 2013, Collective Health is backed by the SoftBank Vision Fund, DFJ Growth, PSP Investments, NEA, GV, G Squared, Founders Fund, Maverick Ventures, Mubadala Ventures, Sun Life, and other leading investors. For more information, visit us at https://www.collectivehealth.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Collective Health is committed to providing support to candidates who require reasonable accommodation during the interview process. If you need assistance, please reach out to [email protected].
About Collective Health
While medical technology continues to take giant steps forward, somehow the systems driving health coverage are still stuck in the past. The experience we have today is confusing. It’s painful. And we all deserve better. Collective Health was founded on the belief that better is possible. Driven by our mission to make understanding, navigating, and paying for care effortless, we’ve evolved the way health benefits work. More than 155 million Americans count on an employer for coverage. That's why, with the technology to create a more intelligent solution and the compassion to know that every person matters, we deliver a connected healthcare experience for companies who want the best for their employees.
Want to learn more about Collective Health? Visit Collective Health's website.
Minimalist makeup and skincare