We all depend on healthcare throughout our lifetimes, for ourselves, and our families and friends, but it is notoriously difficult to navigate and understand. As an industry that comprises 20% of the US economy we think healthcare should work better for all of us. At Collective Health we believe it’s time for a new day in healthcare where as members we are informed and empowered to make the right care choices when the decisions are urgent and critical.
Collective Health is seeking a motivated engineering leader that is passionate about shipping impactful data & analytics products and infrastructure. The ideal candidate enjoys working in a diverse team environment, knows how to develop and drive a vision for data products, wants to build a great team of engineers to deliver on the vision, and create measurable impact for our customers.
Do you like to engineer large scale mission critical solutions that are Always On? Do you like to contribute where cutting edge software development, global scale system architecture, Data and enterprise systems and tools intersect? Are you curious about how things break, so that you can eliminate these failure modes? Are you driven to eliminate toil by designing/adopting better tools and automation techniques? If so, we would love to have you in our Engineering team.
As a Data Architecture Engineering leader, you will combine your years of proven expertise with a never-ending quest to create innovative technology. You’ll lead a highly inspired and inquisitive team of technologists who are already developing and deploying applications to the highest standards. With your deep knowledge of design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming, your team will raise their game even more, meeting your standards, as well as satisfying both business and functional requirements.
Your experience in one or more technology domains will help solve complex and mission critical problems, internally and externally. As a constant learner and early adopter, you’re already embracing leading-edge technologies and methodologies; your example encourages others to follow suit. In addition to creating solutions with your in-house team, you’ll also work alongside our team of technologists from around the world who are just as dedicated as you are.
- Define the team vision, roadmap and strategy for building a data platform that delights ML engineers, data scientists, analysts, and product managers
- Lead a team of software and data engineers to build data frameworks, pipelines, tools, controls, and services
- Recruit and hire outstanding data engineers to build the team, and maintain a high bar of software and data quality
- Provide hands-on technical expertise during the design, implementation, and delivery of the data platform
- Collaborate with engineering leaders, product managers and other stakeholders across the organization
- Identify key metrics and objectives for the team, and build monitoring systems to visualize them
- Own the health of your teams' systems and the technologies used by them and the company.
- Connect the team’s work to measurable outcomes that make an impact for our customers and our business
- Communicate regular updates to internal stakeholders.
- 10+ years of relevant industry experience, with 5+ years of hands-on technical leadership and people management experience
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a related field
- Strong communication and coordination skills, enabling you to lead by example and in small groups, as well as collaborate with leaders in other parts of the company
- Deep understanding and experience of data architectures, information systems deployment and storage techniques and information management and analysis tools.
- Experience in writing, maintaining and deploying RESTful services and event bus driven applications using tools like Kafka
- Programming experience in Python, SQL, Java, or Go.
- Ability to manage full project lifecycle (preferably using Agile methodology) and experience in continuous integration deployment (git, Github, and the pull request workflow)
- Ability to collaborate with business unit leadership as well as individual members of the team with strong empathy, and ability to creatively problem solve.
- Experience in Big Data frameworks (such as Apache Spark/Databricks)
- Experience working in an AWS cloud environment
- Ability to mentor, teach and inspire software engineers
- Mastery of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Command of architecture, design and business processes
- Solid experience in Cloud and Data Management Engineering , engineering solutions for Data Management
- Managing business case and tracking associated financial beneficial
- Command in Application Development in java and related stacks
- Expertise in working in partnership with colleagues throughout the firm, and in leading collaborative teams to achieve common goals
- Good understanding of Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) philosophy, Chaos Engineering, technologies, platforms and tools, SLA management, incident resolution, and automation
- Hands on experience on managing operations of large scale internet-centric Data environments for application or data services serving tens to millions of end users
- 10+ years of software engineer experience and/or site reliability engineering in one of the following languages: C, C++, Java J2EE technology stack and web technologies /, Python, Go, Perl, Ruby or shell scripting (Unix/Linux)
- 3-7+ years’ experience in Data Management preferably in a Cloud Environment
- Developing and managing operations leveraging key event streaming, messaging and DB services such as Cassandra, Kafka, BigTable, DynamoDB, Kinesis, Cloud Pub/Sub, etc.
- Experience with Cyber/Data Security, Encryption, tokenization
- Prior experience in large scale internet companies/technologies, where uptime and continuous availability was core to the business
- Working with Architecture to design reusable patterns to deploy to applications, provide governance around adoption, and influence application development teams on roadmaps and designs
- Identifying and partnering with Infrastructure teams and AD teams to implement automation opportunities to drive down toil and reduce technical debt
- Applying standards of cloud compliance to application design to achieve reliability
- Understanding of Networking and cloud technologies, for example Security, Load Balancing, Network routing protocols
Collective Health is a technology company simplifying employer healthcare to make health insurance work for everyone. With more than a quarter million members and over 60 enterprise clients—including Pinterest, Red Bull, Restoration Hardware, Box, Activision Blizzard, and more—our technical and customer experience teams are reinventing the healthcare experience for forward-thinking employers and their people across the U.S.
Collective Health is headquartered in San Francisco, CA, with additional offices in Chicago, IL, and Lehi, UT. Founded in 2013, Collective Health is backed by the SoftBank Vision Fund, DFJ Growth, PSP Investments, NEA, GV, G Squared, Founders Fund, Maverick Ventures, Mubadala Ventures, Sun Life, and other leading investors. For more information, visit us at https://www.collectivehealth.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Collective Health is committed to providing support to candidates who require reasonable accommodation during the interview process. If you need assistance, please reach out to [email protected].
About Collective Health
While medical technology continues to take giant steps forward, somehow the systems driving health coverage are still stuck in the past. The experience we have today is confusing. It’s painful. And we all deserve better. Collective Health was founded on the belief that better is possible. Driven by our mission to make understanding, navigating, and paying for care effortless, we’ve evolved the way health benefits work. More than 155 million Americans count on an employer for coverage. That's why, with the technology to create a more intelligent solution and the compassion to know that every person matters, we deliver a connected healthcare experience for companies who want the best for their employees.
Want to learn more about Collective Health? Visit Collective Health's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.