Here's What You’ll Do:
- Provide installation, support, software and hardware update services for COMMANDbatch, the premier concrete plant automation system in the world with over 13,500 installations.
- As an installer, you are responsible for leading the job of tracing and terminating electrical wiring connections to control plant equipment or sensors (24vDC, 110 VAC), testing and ensuring that the right material is delivered when called for by the computer. This can be especially challenging when replacing old equipment with legacy wiring.
- During installations, you may have to troubleshoot electronic controls such as blending valves or admixture systems. Analog sensors including temperature, level, or moisture outputting 4-20mA or 0-10vDC must be connected and tested.
- COMMANDbatch has a variety of hardware used to interconnect the plant electrical systems to the control software. You will be trained to understand all of these systems so you can diagnose issues as they arise at production sites.
- When working at our corporate office, be fully engaged in telephone and remote diagnostic support, providing time critical services which includes, but are not limited to, troubleshooting plant electrical, mechanical, production/productivity, or data reporting issues.
- A modern plant automation system, the COMMANDbatch runs on PCs using the Microsoft Windows© operating systems along with proprietary software developed by Command Alkon. This proprietary software is very complex and is integrated with other Command Alkon or 3rd party business or controls systems using file transfer/sharing, TCP/IP networking, Modbus TCP, Ethernet/IP and so forth. As an COMMANDbatch support technician, you will diagnose and correct breakdowns in these integrated systems and/or automated process.
- Provide after hours and on-call customer support on a scheduled basis.
- You will need to travel 30% to 60% of the time.
Who you are:
- You have a technical degree or equivalent in the electronic, electrical and/or computer field. You can use digital voltmeter to measure both AC and low-level DC voltages and currents.
- You recognize how systems or things connect end-to-end to transform an input to an output, and can quickly isolate based on what you hear or see where the problem most likely is.
- You never accept that things "just happen" and move on.
- You are a people person and have a servant`s heart.
- Experience in industrial automation / control system construction, installation, or service is a plus.
- Background/understanding of computer network (Ethernet) both at a hardware and software level.
- Electrical Skills. Certifications are a plus.
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus.
- Excellent communication and time management skills and a positive attitude are musts.
- You like to train customers on how to use innovative software to help their business.
- You like a challenge and work well under pressure.
About Command Alkon
We align technology, people, and processes to build a better world. Through best-of-breed supply chain technology, we transform your operations by replacing manual and complex tasks and processes with efficient, scalable, and reliable solutions. You’ll realize bottom-line results through lower operating expenses, a seamless flow of information, automated production, distribution, and business processes.