Software Support Specialist - Apex
Command Alkon, Bogota, Colombia
TOGETHER WE BUILD AMAZING.
Here's What You’ll Do:
- Provide remote support for software and hardware applications that Command Alkon offers in the construction materials industry.
- As a support representative, you will be answering How-To questions; Troubleshooting software and/or hardware issues; Troubleshooting software and hardware integration issues; Upgrading Command Alkon’s proprietary products.
- While working at our office or remotely, you will be fully engaged in telephone and remote diagnostic support, providing time critical services for customer’s production system. This may include troubleshooting networks, databases, software, hardware, peripherals, and data reporting issues in order to determine root cause.
- Command Alkon’s products are proprietary software that are very complex and integrates with other Command Alkon or 3rd party business software using file transfer/sharing, TCP/IP networking, XML, APIs, Ethernet/IP and so forth. As a Software support specialist, you will diagnose and correct issues/breakdowns in these integrated systems. You will be trained to understand all of these systems, so you can diagnose issues as they arise.
- While servicing customers, you will document case notes, details, and troubleshooting data in the company’s issue tracking system
- You will work with your team and Manager to communicate with other groups regarding complex product issues, upgrades, modifications and escalations.
- Provide after hours and on-call customer support on a scheduled basis.
- You will need to travel 0% to 5% of the time.
Who You Are:
- Bilingual in English is a must, with a B2.2 or C1 Level of English
- You are empathetic
- Experienced in customer support, Windows operating system, relational database systems (like MS-SQL) and networking systems.
- You have a professional degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Technology, any Engineering degree or Technical related field.
- You recognize how systems connect end-to-end regarding interface communications and can quickly isolate problems based on what you hear and see.
- You never accept that things "just happen" and move on.
- You are a people person who has a servant`s heart and finds happiness by solving other`s problems.
- You possess excellent verbal and written communication skills to communicate complex information clearly and concisely,
- You have a positive attitude with excellent communication and time management skills is a must.
- You like to train customers on how to use innovative software to help their business.
- You like a challenge and work well under pressure.
- You have a problem-solving skill and very often try to find solution to customer issues thinking out of the box.
- Experience supporting customers in Client Server, mobile and cloud environments
- Experience managing service case management system like Salesforce, Service now, Zendesk.
Years of service and Experience:
- 2-3 years` experience in software applications support field preferred.
- Technical background in supporting software applications is a plus
- Knowledge of construction materials industry a plus along with the knowledge pertaining to: Plant Automation, PLC (programmable logic controller) and OPC Connectivity, knowledge of basic electrical understanding, Accounting, Sales, Billing, Etc.
About Command Alkon
We align technology, people, and processes to build a better world. Through best-of-breed supply chain technology, we transform your operations by replacing manual and complex tasks and processes with efficient, scalable, and reliable solutions. You’ll realize bottom-line results through lower operating expenses, a seamless flow of information, automated production, distribution, and business processes.
Want to learn more about Command Alkon? Visit Command Alkon's website.
Help the world share their story