- Turn business questions into data analysis, and provide meaningful recommendations on strategy.
- Build dashboards to help Product Managers & Engineers monitor performance and availability of our system.
- Use data to uncover feature-usage patterns, issues with the system, potential performance enhancements, and areas to improve user experience.
- Collaborate closely with Product Managers & engineers to inform product decision making with data and to identify opportunities to create more value for our customers.
- Design experiments (such as A/B test), collect data, perform statistical analysis, and present solutions to senior management including executives
- Answer questions from executive team for board reporting, publications, and industry reports.
- Work with business planners to identify the need for new data platforms and associated product/service functionality and to propose innovative products and services that fully utilize the power of big data
- Apply industry-leading ideas, research, and insights to solve complex problems or to power new business opportunities
- Mentor and lead other data scientists and/or engineers as we grow the team.
- Build scalable, efficient, automated processes for large-scale data analysis and machine-learning models (including development, validation, and serving).
- Think creatively to find optimal solutions to our complex, often unstructured problems.
Who You Are
- A hands-on leader who is willing to roll up your sleeves and discuss technical details with your team members.
- Able to thrive in a dynamic environment. That means being flexible and willing to jump in and do whatever it takes to be successful.
- Well organized: Ability to prioritize and deliver results timely.
- An excellent communicator: Strong written and verbal communication skills, comfortable in engaging conversation with all levels.
- A problem solver: Take initiatives and drive them to conclusions.
- Eager to learn and implement new technologies.
- Experience working at a tech company and solving real product/business problems with data
- Expert-level experience working with SQL and relational data (5+ years on a regular basis)
- 8-10 years of relevant experience as an engineer, product analyst, data scientist, or quantitative analyst
- Fluency in at least one visualization tool (e.g. Tableau, Looker).
- At least 5 years experience with major programming languages such as in Java, Python, Scala
- Experience with ETL design and data warehouse best practices.
- At least 3 years' of experience working with large scale data in systems like AWS, Hadoop, Vertica, or others.
- Background in Economics, Statistics, Industrial Operations, Math, Engineering, or CS
Nice to Haves
- Experience managing a team of product analysts or data scientists
About Common Networks
We believe that everyone deserves high-speed, affordable internet service. Broadband internet gives access to world-class education, instant communication, endless entertainment, and even medical care. Right now 62% of the US is stuck with an expensive monopoly provider or nothing at all. It's no wonder most people's service is slow and expensive. We're building fast, reliable, and affordable internet that people love. Our founding team comes from Square, where they worked on projects that included the Register product, the developer platform, growth, and international expansion. As a company we’re passionate about tackling difficult real-world problems that cut across hardware, software, and data domains.
Want to learn more about Common Networks? Visit Common Networks's website.
Jobs You May Like
Bluecore, New York City
Product Manager - Payouts
Teachable, New York, NY
Sr. Director, Product Management
Acquia, Boston, MA
Senior Marketing Copywriter
Cloudflare, San Francisco or Austin
Visual (UI) Designer
Kraken Exchange, San Francisco
Senior Director, Product Management
Udemy, San Francisco, California, USA