- Define the long-term product vision for your product area(s) and define the path to get there.
- Manage the product and engineering roadmap; prioritize work for the design and engineering teams; lead weekly planning meetings.
- Define the desired user experience for each feature, write specifications, work collaboratively with design and engineering to execute.
- Decide on and track key metrics that you will use to determine the success of the features / products you are building.
- Be the advocate for your customer; talk to them and understand their pain-points and desires; incorporate this information into your product definition and prioritization.
Who you are
- Strategic thinker. You understand the company’s top-level strategy and you make product decisions that are in line with this strategy. You understand how to make trade-offs. You can make decisions without perfect or full information.
- Detail oriented. You sweat the small stuff and don’t let things slip through the cracks. You understand the difference between letting something slip through the cracks vs. actively de-prioritizing edge cases.A driver. You know how to lead without being a direct manager. You know how to push work forward and keep things moving. You are never complacent.
- Clear communicator. You have many audiences - engineers, designers, operations team, our board of directors, etc. You know how to structure written and verbal communications clearly for each audience.
- Creative problem-solver. We are developing technology and a product that has never been built before. You are creative; you generate new, innovative ideas that help us solve problems. You find fast ways to test crazy ideas.
- Organized. Adept at project management. You love thinking about how to improve the process and team to make things work more efficiently and smoothly. You always look for ways to innovate and improve.
- Naturally curious and have a self-starter personality with hustle. You don't need to wait for people to tell you what to work on.
- A “get-it-done” person. You know that done is better than perfect and are energized by constantly delivering and moving things forward. You roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to make things successful.
- Flexible and excited to work in a fast paced, rapidly evolving environment.
- BA/BS - ideally in a technical field
- 4+ years of experience in an product management role, which means: defining product/feature vision, building roadmaps, writing specs, working with designers and engineers.
- Customer empathy
- Excited to work in a startup environment on a team of less than 20 people to start
About Common Networks
We believe that everyone deserves high-speed, affordable internet service. Broadband internet gives access to world-class education, instant communication, endless entertainment, and even medical care. Right now 62% of the US is stuck with an expensive monopoly provider or nothing at all. It's no wonder most people's service is slow and expensive. We're building fast, reliable, and affordable internet that people love. Our founding team comes from Square, where they worked on projects that included the Register product, the developer platform, growth, and international expansion. As a company we’re passionate about tackling difficult real-world problems that cut across hardware, software, and data domains.
Want to learn more about Common Networks? Visit Common Networks's website.
Jobs You May Like
Product Associate, Core Ex
TripAdvisor, Needham, MA
Senior Software Engineer
Clover Health, Remote
Niantic inc., Seattle Area (Bellevue)
Product Manager, Medicare
Bright Health, Minneapolis, MN
Product Designer - Toronto
Perpetua Labs, Toronto
Director of Product, Marketing Tools
Squarespace, New York, NY