What you do
- Install and maintain wireless equipment on rooftops, towers, apartment buildings and other vertical structures.
- Configure and troubleshoot wireless network devices such as access points and backhauls.
- Troubleshoot RF problems such as interference and poorly aligned antennas.
- Review installation orders; gather equipment, supplies, and tools; and coordinate schedules other team members and property owners.
- Plan installations by evaluating location, locating access / entry points, and laying-out the most efficient and effective equipment and wiring plan.
- Install equipment, which includes: mounting masts to the roof or side of building; running and pulling cable; programming and calibrating equipment; cleaning up and leaving the building as area as you found it.
- Verify correct functionality and optimal performance of network infrastructure equipment by testing equipment and connections and identifying and correcting any issues.
- Maintain accurate records through documenting installations, services, and repairs.
- Maintain a safe work environment by following safe practices and adhering to safety policies.
- Ensure adequate supply levels by inventorying stock, placing, and verifying orders
- Update and improve your job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading technical publications
Who you are
- Hands on problem solver. You are the kind of person who grabs their tools and does DIY projects at home.
- A “get-it-done” person. You know that done is better than perfect and are energized by constantly delivering and moving things forward.
- Naturally curious and have a self-starter personality with hustle.
- You always look for ways to innovate and improve; you don't need to wait for people to tell you what to work on.
- A strong multi-tasker with an exceptional ability to prioritize and manage time effectively. You focus on the right things and can seamlessly move between projects & tasks without losing sight of what's important.
- Authentic, energetic, persuasive. You love talking to and interacting with people from all walks of life.
- Flexible and excited to work in a fast paced, rapidly evolving environment.
- At least 6 months experience in current role.
- Basic experience with network routing and switching equipment.
- Basic experience with wireless networking equipment.
- Some experience with building things and working with your hands.
- Able to work comfortably on a roof and climb ladders up to 40 feet in length.
- Able to stand for extended periods of time, lift up to 75 pounds, work in tight spaces, including attics and crawl spaces and work outside in extreme weather conditions, including precipitation and temperature variations.
- Valid driver’s license.
Nice to haves
- Experience working in a non-office setting
- Previous experience in a WISP or Internet Service network technician role
About Common Networks
We believe that everyone deserves high-speed, affordable internet service. Broadband internet gives access to world-class education, instant communication, endless entertainment, and even medical care. Right now 62% of the US is stuck with an expensive monopoly provider or nothing at all. It's no wonder most people's service is slow and expensive. We're building fast, reliable, and affordable internet that people love. Our founding team comes from Square, where they worked on projects that included the Register product, the developer platform, growth, and international expansion. As a company we’re passionate about tackling difficult real-world problems that cut across hardware, software, and data domains.