Senior Developer, CSID Field Engineering Team (CFET) [Remote - Northern Ireland]
Confluent, Remote, Northern Ireland
Real-Time Data at Massive Scale
Who You Are
- Smart, humble, and empathetic
- Have a strong sense of teamwork
- Driven and excited about challenges of a fast-paced, innovative software startup environment
- A willingness to learn and help others to learn
- Ability to effectively work in and collaborate on a distributed team
- You will have to bring both your engineering and operational mindset to the role
- You will need technical skills of course but more important is who you are as a person - smart, humble, and empathetic
What We're Looking For
- 4+ years industry experience designing, building, and supporting backend systems in production with a solid grasp on good software engineering practices such as code reviews, deep focus on quality, and documentation
- Strong fundamentals in distributed systems design and development
- Strong programming and algorithmic skills. Proficiency in a major programming language, e.g. Java, Go, Python, etc.
- BS, MS, or PhD in computer science or a related field, or equivalent work experience
Our Story Founded by the team that built Apache Kafka®, Confluent builds a streaming platform that enables companies to easily access data as real-time streams Background Every byte of data has a story to tell, something of significance that will inform the next thing to be done. In a data-driven enterprise, how we move our data becomes nearly as important as the data itself. With greater speed and agility, data’s value increases exponentially. From its very early days, we have open-sourced Apache Kafka™ and have led it to impressive industry-wide adoption across several thousand companies. Now we are focusing on building a streaming platform to help other companies get easy access to enterprise data as real-time streams.
Want to learn more about Confluent? Visit Confluent's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.