A typical week at Confluent in this role may involve:
- Build a great team and company. Help to develop strong relationships, capabilities, and experience among Confluent team members.
- Manage, grow and mentor a team of remote and/or local engineers, including owning hiring process for team members added to your team
- Help develop and continually improve Confluent support offering and operations for existing and new products
- Respond to and resolve customer escalations - this will involve being in an on call rotation
- Coordinate staffing and scheduling of on call between your team members and work with other managers to ensure seamless coverage across timezones
- Own the relationship between support and core engineering and, when necessary, help coordinate escalations across functional groups within Confluent to help meet customer needs
- Collaborating with other teams involved in Customer Success such as professional services or training
- Work closely with the team behind Apache Kafka!
Preferred skills and experience:
- 3+ years of experience hiring and managing technical teams of local, remote and/or international employees
- Experience working in a customer facing support role
- Strong experience handling both customer-facing and internally escalated issues
- Passion for process development and data-driven decision making
- A desire to make customers successful through direct interaction
- Experience working cross-functionally to develop and improve processes and to resolve issues
About Confluent's Culture
- Culture is a huge part of Confluent, we’re searching for the best people who not only excel at their role, but also contribute to the health, happiness and growth of the company. Inclusivity and openness are important traits, with regular company wide and team events. We are looking for people who are:
- Smart, humble and empathetic
- Hard working
- Inquisitive and not afraid to ask all the questions, no matter how basic
- Strive for excellence in their work, their team and their company
Our Story Founded by the team that built Apache Kafka®, Confluent builds a streaming platform that enables companies to easily access data as real-time streams Background Every byte of data has a story to tell, something of significance that will inform the next thing to be done. In a data-driven enterprise, how we move our data becomes nearly as important as the data itself. With greater speed and agility, data’s value increases exponentially. From its very early days, we have open-sourced Apache Kafka™ and have led it to impressive industry-wide adoption across several thousand companies. Now we are focusing on building a streaming platform to help other companies get easy access to enterprise data as real-time streams.