- Helping a customer determine his/her platform and/or application strategy for moving to a more real-time, event-based business. Such engagements often involve remote preparation; presenting an onsite or remote workshop for the customer’s architects, developers, and operations teams; investigating (with Engineering and other coworkers) solutions to difficult challenges; and writing a recommendations summary doc.
- Providing feedback to the Confluent Product and Engineering groups
- Building tooling for another team or the wider company to help us push our technical boundaries and improve our ability to deliver consistently with high quality
- Testing performance and functionality of new components developed by Engineering
- Writing or editing documentation and knowledge base articles, including reference architecture materials and design patterns based on customer experiencesHoning your skills, building applications, or trying out new product featuresParticipating in community and industry events
- Participating in community and industry events
- Deep experience designing, building, and operating in-production Big Data, stream processing, and/or enterprise data integration solutions, ideally using Apache Kafka
- Demonstrated experience successfully managing multiple B2B infrastructure software development projects, including driving expansion, customer satisfaction, feature adoption, and retention
- Experience operating Linux (configure, tune, and troubleshoot both RedHat and Debian-based distributions)
- Experience using cloud providers (Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure) for running high-throughput systems
- Experience with Java Virtual Machine (JVM) tuning and troubleshooting
- Experience with distributed systems (Kafka, Hadoop, Cassandra, etc.)
- Proficiency in Java
- Strong desire to tackle hard technical problems, and proven ability to do so with little or no direct daily supervision
- Excellent communication skills, with an ability to clearly and concisely explain tricky issues and complex solutions
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 50% of the time to meet with customers
- Experience helping customers build Apache Kafka solutions alongside Hadoop technologies, relational and NoSQL databases, message queues, and related products
- Experience with Scala, Python, or Go
- Experience working with a commercial team and demonstrated business acumen
- Experience working in a fast-paced technology start-up
- Experience managing projects, using any known methodology to scope, manage, and deliver on plan no matter the complexity
- Bachelor-level degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or another quantitative field
Our Story Founded by the team that built Apache Kafka®, Confluent builds a streaming platform that enables companies to easily access data as real-time streams Background Every byte of data has a story to tell, something of significance that will inform the next thing to be done. In a data-driven enterprise, how we move our data becomes nearly as important as the data itself. With greater speed and agility, data’s value increases exponentially. From its very early days, we have open-sourced Apache Kafka™ and have led it to impressive industry-wide adoption across several thousand companies. Now we are focusing on building a streaming platform to help other companies get easy access to enterprise data as real-time streams.
Want to learn more about Confluent? Visit Confluent's website.
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Jobs You May Like
Certified Medical Assistant with Phlebotomy Experience/Scribes
Heal, Washington, DC