A typical week at Confluent in this role may involve...
- Working with customers to resolve a wide range of issues with their Confluent deployments
- Contributing to process development - we’re a small team, so we’re looking for people who want to help us lay the foundation for growing efficiently and with a best-in-class culture
- Communicating with our core engineering team to provide real-time product feedback from the field
- Improving product documentation and authoring knowledge base articles
- Creating and reviewing product demos and internal tooling
- Working closely with the team behind Apache Kafka!
Required skills and experience
- Excitement in learning about streaming data and becoming a domain expert in Apache Kafka
- Experience in diagnosing, reproducing, and resolving customer issues
- Desire to make customers successful through direct interaction
- Two out of these three:
- Experience troubleshooting applications running on Linux (resource contention, network bottlenecks, etc.)
- Operational knowledge of Java applications (jstack,jmap, etc.)
- Experience with at least one mainstream distributed system (e.g. Kafka, Hadoop, Cassandra, etc.)
Culture is a huge part of Confluent, we’re searching for the best people who not only excel at their role, but also contribute to the health, happiness and growth of the company. Inclusivity and openness are important traits, with regular company wide and team events. We are looking for people who are:
- Smart, humble and empathetic
- Hard working
- Inquisitive and not afraid to ask all the questions, no matter how basic
- Strive for excellence in their work, their team, and their company
Our Story Founded by the team that built Apache Kafka®, Confluent builds a streaming platform that enables companies to easily access data as real-time streams Background Every byte of data has a story to tell, something of significance that will inform the next thing to be done. In a data-driven enterprise, how we move our data becomes nearly as important as the data itself. With greater speed and agility, data’s value increases exponentially. From its very early days, we have open-sourced Apache Kafka™ and have led it to impressive industry-wide adoption across several thousand companies. Now we are focusing on building a streaming platform to help other companies get easy access to enterprise data as real-time streams.