Director of Product Marketing - Confluent Cloud
Confluent, Palo Alto
Real-Time Data at Massive Scale
- Develop messaging and positioning for Confluent Cloud, working closely with product management and engineering to translate product capabilities into features and benefits for customers.
- Perform market research to evaluate potential requirements and shape future product direction, including pricing and packaging strategy.
- Create compelling content for external and internal stakeholders through various marketing communication channels such as the website, sales enablement, collateral, newsletters, campaigns, blog posts, etc.
- Create and deliver customer-facing presentations, including in-person speaking engagements and live webinars / online talks.
- Engage with industry analysts to educate them on Confluent products and research market trends to drive product direction.
- Work closely with the content and public relations teams to develop and execute content strategies to generate media interest in Confluent products.
- Champion product pipeline initiatives within sales and marketing.
- Train the Confluent sales team on product and solutions capabilities, positioning in the market versus competitors, and effective solutions selling strategies.
- Produce monthly and quarterly reporting of marketing metrics.
What We're Looking For:
- 5+ years’ experience in a SaaS product marketing role, 10+ years in product marketing roles.
- Deep understanding of Cloud markets, technologies, and customers from SMB to Enterprise, ability to adjust communication to accommodate the different persona’s pain points and needs.
- Demonstrated track record developing messaging and positioning for web software products, including market research and collateral development.
- Experience managing marketing activities across multiple software products.
- Public speaking experience is a must; at both in-person events (conferences and tradeshows) and online events (webinars and virtual conferences).
- CS or technical undergrad required
- B2B Product Marketing experience.
- Experience in cloud PaaS/IaaS products.
Our Story Founded by the team that built Apache Kafka®, Confluent builds a streaming platform that enables companies to easily access data as real-time streams Background Every byte of data has a story to tell, something of significance that will inform the next thing to be done. In a data-driven enterprise, how we move our data becomes nearly as important as the data itself. With greater speed and agility, data’s value increases exponentially. From its very early days, we have open-sourced Apache Kafka™ and have led it to impressive industry-wide adoption across several thousand companies. Now we are focusing on building a streaming platform to help other companies get easy access to enterprise data as real-time streams.
Want to learn more about Confluent? Visit Confluent's website.
Jobs You May Like
SEO Campaign Manager
Director, Lifecycle Marketing
Lumosity, San Francisco
Name Your Job
ThirdLove, San Francisco, California
Business Operations Manager, UK
CarGurus, Cambridge, MA
Sr. Director, Demand Generation
Classy, San Diego HQ
Magic Leap, Inc., Plantation, FL