Confluent, Palo Alto
Real-Time Data at Massive Scale
Backed by Benchmark, Index Ventures, and Sequoia Capital, Confluent is an infrastructure company founded and led by the original authors and thought leaders behind Apache Kafka, one of the most successful open source data projects ever. Confluent’s products let leaders in industries spanning retail, logistics, manufacturing, financial services, technology and media move data from isolated silos into a real-time data nervous system. We believe all businesses will come to be modeled in software and built atop a streaming platform, and we want to put ours at the heart of every company, both on-premises and in the cloud.
Confluent sales engineers drive the technical evaluation stage of the overall sales process, making them critical drivers of customer success as realtime data streams become more and more important in the modern enterprise. In this role you will be the key technical advisor to the sales team, work very closely with the product management and engineering teams, and serve as a vital product advocate in front of prospects, customers, and the wider Kafka and Big Data communities.
You will be a key technical advisor to Confluent customers as they undertake technical design and development of their end-to-end solution, be conversant with the current state and future roadmap of Kafka in open source, and be able to identify known issues and inform them of upcoming fixes or workarounds. You’ll also be responsible for clear articulation of Confluent’s technical and product positioning to a wide variety of business and technical stakeholders, and for forging strong relationships with them throughout the sales cycle and beyond.
What we're looking for:
- Experience with technical sales of distributed systems, infrastructure software like databases, message queues, SaaS, or Big Data products
- Exceptional presentation and communications capabilities. Confidence presenting to a highly skilled and experienced audience, including enterprise architects and C-level executives
- Clear, consistent demonstration of self-starter behavior and a desire to tackle hard technical problems
- Bachelor’s level degree in Computer Science or relevant experience
- Proficiency in Java or Python with experience developing ETL applications
What gives you an edge:
- Previous experience building solutions with Apache Kafka
- Understanding of systems operations concepts (disk, network, operating systems, etc)
- Experience building and operating large-scale systems
- Security Clearance
Founded by the team that built Apache Kafka®, Confluent builds a streaming platform
that enables companies to easily access data as real-time streams
Every byte of data has a story to tell, something of significance that will inform the next thing to be done. In a data-driven enterprise, how we move our data becomes nearly as important as the data itself. With greater speed and agility, data’s value increases exponentially.
From its very early days, we have open-sourced Apache Kafka™ and have led it to impressive industry-wide adoption across several thousand companies. Now we are focusing on building a streaming platform to help other companies get easy access to enterprise data as real-time streams.
Want to learn more about Confluent? Visit