Web Optimization Manager
Confluent, Palo Alto
Real-Time Data at Massive Scale
Backed by Benchmark, Index Ventures, and Sequoia Capital, Confluent is an infrastructure company founded and led by the original authors and thought leaders behind Apache Kafka, one of the most successful open source data projects ever. Confluent’s products let leaders in industries spanning retail, logistics, manufacturing, financial services, technology and media move data from isolated silos into a real-time data nervous system. We believe all businesses will come to be modeled in software and built atop a streaming platform, and we want to put ours at the heart of every company, both on-premises and in the cloud.
About the Team:
The Confluent marketing team is the growth engine building awareness and generating demand for the leading streaming platform based on Apache Kafka. We are category breakers, market definers and powerful technical persuaders helping every enterprise realize the power of streaming data. Our ability to think outside-the-box and bring together diverse skillsets allows us to define new roads to build an enterprise business unmatched in the industry. We tackle massive challenges and have fun as team solving them.
About the Role:
Confluent is looking for a web conversion optimization expert join their marketing team. S/he will focus on building and scaling web-generated pipeline for Confluent. S/he will play point on the information architecture across all Confluent web properties in alignment with the UX and content strategy, as we look to implement a better customer experience from search to purchase to customer success. The position will create personalized audience segments and customized content to engage users with different assets throughout the site. S/he will drive key projects such as end-to-end customer journey mapping, A/B testing, personalization, mobile experience, UX writing and conceptualizing designs for landing pages and information architecture for all the websites.
The web optimization expert will possess an eye for detail and a mind that is both analytical and creative. We’re looking for someone with experience taking a hypothesis-driven, data-centric approach with websites to improve the metrics that matter most to our clients. You should have a strong understanding and hands-on experience with A/B & MVT testing, website analytics, SEO, UX and writing, and all the tactics to arrive to a final experience that drives performance.
The Web Optimization Manager will be based in Palo Alto, CA.
- Manage and support the ongoing conversion rate optimization strategy for Confluent web properties including planning, ideation, testing, optimization, reporting, and forecasting
- Work with marketing operations and IT to select the right tools, data partners and any outlying dependencies needed to operationalize
- Setting up and utilizing A/B tests, using Optimizely, Adobe Target or similar tools, and optimizing funnels across multiple devices and websites
- Create and execute deliverables that help inform the ideal experiences for users. Influences user journeys using heuristic reviews, wireframes, task flows, user scenarios and persona development
- Ensure web conversions deliver on KPIs
- UX writing focused on user experience design for exceptional web experiences
- Active optimization of the user journey, taking action on key metrics and KPIs, through continuous website testing and user experience improvements
- 5+ years managing full lifecycle web conversion cycle that produce marketing sourced leads and pipeline
- Experience with audience segmentation and dynamic content
- Strong understanding of Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, and testing tools
- Experience with marketing automation systems and digital marketing tools
- Comfortable working with numbers, KPIs, and optimizing conversion rates while thinking strategically
- Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously while successfully meeting established goals and deadlines
- Maintain consistent branding elements across multiple properties
- Past experience working with complex product solutions (preferably in SaaS) is a plus
- Localization experience is a plus
Founded by the team that built Apache Kafka®, Confluent builds a streaming platform
that enables companies to easily access data as real-time streams
Every byte of data has a story to tell, something of significance that will inform the next thing to be done. In a data-driven enterprise, how we move our data becomes nearly as important as the data itself. With greater speed and agility, data’s value increases exponentially.
From its very early days, we have open-sourced Apache Kafka™ and have led it to impressive industry-wide adoption across several thousand companies. Now we are focusing on building a streaming platform to help other companies get easy access to enterprise data as real-time streams.
Want to learn more about Confluent? Visit