Engineering Leader, Backend [Remote - AMER]
Confluent, Remote, United States
Real-Time Data at Massive Scale
Who You Are:
- Smart, humble, and empathetic
- Have a strong sense of teamwork and put team’s and company’s interests first
- Driven and excited about challenges of a fast-paced, innovative software startup environment
What We're Looking For:
- 3+ years of engineering management experience leading productive, high functioning teams.
- Ability to hire while ensuring a high hiring bar, keep engineers motivated, coach/mentor and handle performance management.
- Experience with running large stateful data systems in the cloud.
- Strong fundamentals in distributed systems design and development.
- A great track record of shipping features and hitting deadlines consistently. Should be able to move fast, build in increments and iterate. Have a sense of urgency, aggressive mindset towards achieving results and excellent prioritization skills. Able to anticipate future technical needs for the product and craft plans to realize them.
- Experience running production services in public clouds.
- Ability to influence the team, peers and upper management using effective communication and collaborative techniques. Focus on building and maintaining a culture of collaboration within the team.
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Computer Science.
Our Story Founded by the team that built Apache Kafka®, Confluent builds a streaming platform that enables companies to easily access data as real-time streams Background Every byte of data has a story to tell, something of significance that will inform the next thing to be done. In a data-driven enterprise, how we move our data becomes nearly as important as the data itself. With greater speed and agility, data’s value increases exponentially. From its very early days, we have open-sourced Apache Kafka™ and have led it to impressive industry-wide adoption across several thousand companies. Now we are focusing on building a streaming platform to help other companies get easy access to enterprise data as real-time streams.
Want to learn more about Confluent? Visit Confluent's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.