Senior Database Specialist Engineer
Confluent, Mountain View, California
Real-Time Data at Massive Scale
What We're Looking For:
- Solid experience working with DB2 (LUW) and the replication/redo log modules
- Strong fundamentals in databases and logsFamiliarity with Kafka or similar high-scale distributed data systems
- A self-starter with the ability to work effectively in teams
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficiency with Java
What Gives You An Edge:
- Experience developing and/or using Apache Kafka and Kafka Connect
- Experience working with Kubernetes and other cloud-native technologies
Our Story Founded by the team that built Apache Kafka®, Confluent builds a streaming platform that enables companies to easily access data as real-time streams Background Every byte of data has a story to tell, something of significance that will inform the next thing to be done. In a data-driven enterprise, how we move our data becomes nearly as important as the data itself. With greater speed and agility, data’s value increases exponentially. From its very early days, we have open-sourced Apache Kafka™ and have led it to impressive industry-wide adoption across several thousand companies. Now we are focusing on building a streaming platform to help other companies get easy access to enterprise data as real-time streams.
Want to learn more about Confluent? Visit Confluent's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.