Security Engineer - Data Security [Remote - AMER]
Confluent, Mountain View, California
Real-Time Data at Massive Scale
Who You Are
- Smart, humble, and empathetic
- Have a strong sense of teamwork and put team’s and company’s interests first
- Driven and excited about challenges of a fast-paced, innovative software startup environment
- Collaborate with engineering teams to harden our data infrastructure as we build first class tooling around data access.
- Provide subject matter expertise in the domain of data security to the rest of engineering.
- Design and apply data security and privacy best practices in the environment - including but not limited to data classification, data lineage, data tokenization, and data minimization.
- Implement necessary telemetry and tooling for effective monitoring of sensitive data access, across all components of our data infrastructure.
- Build and maintain data access policies that are effective, auditable and scalable.
- Develop detection strategies to identify anomalous activity and ensure that our data infrastructure and most importantly, our data remains in a safe environment.
- Contribute to strategy, risk management and prioritization for all efforts around data security.
What We're Looking For
- Decision-maker with the ability to operate with freedom and autonomy.
- Experience working with distributed teams and other cross-functional stakeholders.
- Ability to manage competing priorities and workload.
- Ability to code fluently in Python, Java or Go.
Our Story Founded by the team that built Apache Kafka®, Confluent builds a streaming platform that enables companies to easily access data as real-time streams Background Every byte of data has a story to tell, something of significance that will inform the next thing to be done. In a data-driven enterprise, how we move our data becomes nearly as important as the data itself. With greater speed and agility, data’s value increases exponentially. From its very early days, we have open-sourced Apache Kafka™ and have led it to impressive industry-wide adoption across several thousand companies. Now we are focusing on building a streaming platform to help other companies get easy access to enterprise data as real-time streams.
Want to learn more about Confluent? Visit Confluent's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.