Kubernetes Software Developer [Remote - Spain]
Confluent, Remote, Spain
Real-Time Data at Massive Scale
What you will do:
- Design, implement and maintain Golang infrastructure services (typically implemented as Kubernetes operators) to deliver the Confluent cloud foundations to the wider engineering organisation
- Terraform, Datadog, Prometheus and a strong command of Linux, public cloud and networking should come as standard - though Golang software engineering will be your primary focus
- You will have to bring both your engineering and operational mindset to the role
- As a Confluent Cloud Infrastructure Software Engineer, you will be working alongside the rest of the Confluent engineers to build our PaaS product
- You, and the rest of the team, will be responsible for the availability, performance, monitoring, emergency response, and capacity planning of the Confluent cloud
- If you love the hum of big data systems covering 10,000’s of instances, thinking about how to make them run as smoothly and securely as possible, and want to have a big influence on the architecture plus operational design points of this new product, then you will fit right in
- You will need technical skills of course but more important is who you are as a person - smart, humble, and empathetic
- Have a strong sense of teamwork and put team’s / company’s interests first
- Driven and excited about challenges of a fast-paced, innovative software start-up environment.
What We're Looking For
- As you will be building and running a distributed system across public clouds you will need strong fundamentals in this area plus experience of at least one of the main public cloud providers - AWS/GCP/Azure
- In order to scale, automation is essential so you will use your existing knowledge and experience to automate large scale data systems
- You will need to deliver high quality, clean code
- Experience with Golang is advantageous
- Experience using Apache Kafka is a big plus
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science
Our Story Founded by the team that built Apache Kafka®, Confluent builds a streaming platform that enables companies to easily access data as real-time streams Background Every byte of data has a story to tell, something of significance that will inform the next thing to be done. In a data-driven enterprise, how we move our data becomes nearly as important as the data itself. With greater speed and agility, data’s value increases exponentially. From its very early days, we have open-sourced Apache Kafka™ and have led it to impressive industry-wide adoption across several thousand companies. Now we are focusing on building a streaming platform to help other companies get easy access to enterprise data as real-time streams.
Want to learn more about Confluent? Visit Confluent's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.