Contentful provides content infrastructure for digital teams to power websites, apps, and devices. Unlike a CMS, Contentful was built to integrate with the modern software stack. It offers a central hub for structured content, powerful management and delivery APIs, and a customizable web app that enables developers and content creators to ship their products faster. Companies like Spotify, Red Bull, Optimizely, Twilio, and Urban Outfitters rely on Contentful to solve the complexities of content management in the modern multi-channel world.
The demand for a new way to manage content is in the numbers: the company is rapidly growing and has raised nearly $50M from VC firms including General Catalyst, Benchmark, Balderton, Point Nine, and Trinity.
We're a fun team of over 150 people from 40 nations with offices in Berlin and San Francisco, looking for more amazing individuals to join our team!
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Finance Team is currently looking for an experienced, system-oriented, future-driven Finance Manager with good technical skills. In your role, you will facilitate the accounting process with our external accountancy firm and implement exciting new tools and processes across our German and American entities to promote Contentful’s rapid international growth.
- You will be the main point of contact for our external accounting and tax advisory firms
- You will create and improve internal processes that help automate and feed into our systems
- You maintain a clear overview of the books and reports of our different legal entities (Germany and USA) and support further international expansion
- You will continuously find ways to create scalable, automated processes for employee reimbursements, accounts payable or accounts receivable
- You will work on implementing new tools and processes (E.g. PO-System or a company-wide ERP solution) over the next 18 months
- You will complete payment runs for all our legal entities, monitor and forecast our liquidity, and set up relevant intercompany transactions
- Minimum 5 years of experience with a current job level of a Bilanzbuchhalter or Internationaler Bilanzbuchhalter
- University degree in a business or finance study program with a major in accounting or taxes
- Very good knowledge of HGB, IFRS or US-GAAP a definite plus
- Very good knowledge of various German tax topics; knowledge in US taxes is a plus
- Experience in the consolidation of multiple entities and transfer pricing
- Fluent in German and English
- Join an innovative tech company as we help drive the evolution of digital experiences to become ever-more ubiquitous and interactive. Be a part of helping companies build modern architectures for mission-critical applications
- Enjoy significant exposure to SaaS and subscription-based business models; a unique skillset vital to the thriving, multi-billion-dollar enterprise software market environment
- Shape the future of Contentful: help us establish, scale, and improve our team's processes
- Generous education budget complete with extra days off to be spent on your professional and self-development
- Be set up for success, equipped with the latest and greatest hardware
- Hang-out in one of our many shared spaces, playing games with colleagues or enjoying a full range of events, including workshops, on-site meetups, guest speakers, and fun events for the company and each team. Did we mention an annual off-site?
- Sharpen your PlayStation, ping pong, and kicker/fußball skills during breaks in the day
- As much artisan coffee as you can handle
- Brush up your language skills! Our team speaks more than 20 languages, and we offer free German classes
- Take a break and pat a pup, we are a dog-friendly office
- We fully support your move to Berlin with a relocation budget and visa assistance. We'll help you settle into your exciting new city
- Plus, Contentful socks, oh yeah!
"Variety is the spice of life" and a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer: all qualified applicants are considered for positions regardless of race, ethnic origin, gender, age, religion or belief, marital status, gender identification, sexual orientation, or disability. We look forward to your application!
Contentful (https://www.contentful.com) is a content management developer platform that enables web and mobile developers to manage, integrate, and deliver digital content to any kind of device or service that can connect to an API - be it smart cars, VR, mobile, web, digital signage, or any new platform. We solve the complexities of content management for tens of thousands web and mobile developers, some independent and many working at enterprise customers that include Jack-in-the-box, Petsmart, Specialized, Fidelity Investments, and Urban Outfitters.
Want to learn more about Contentful? Visit Contentful's website.
Jobs You May Like
Head of Policy
Pinterest, San Francisco, CA
Associate, Production Finance - Global Series
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Financial Accountant (CA)
Kurtosys, Cape Town, Claremont, South Africa
Junior Financial Analyst
RetailMeNot, London, United Kingdom
Manager, Strategic Finance & Analytics
Airbnb, San Francisco, California
General Ledger Accountant