Contentful provides content infrastructure for digital teams to power websites, apps, and devices. Unlike a CMS, Contentful was built to integrate with the modern software stack. It offers a central hub for structured content, powerful management and delivery APIs, and a customizable web app that enables developers and content creators to ship their products faster. Companies like Spotify, Red Bull, Optimizely, Twilio, and Urban Outfitters rely on Contentful to solve the complexities of content management in the modern multi-channel world.
The demand for a new way to manage content is in the numbers: the company is rapidly growing and has raised nearly $50M from VC firms including General Catalyst, Benchmark, Balderton, Point Nine, and Trinity.
We're a fun team of over 150 people from 40 nations with offices in Berlin and San Francisco, looking for more amazing individuals to join our team!
Contentful is on its journey to becoming the standard way content is integrated and meshed into applications and modern microservices infrastructure.
As a Product Data Analyst, you will work closely with the cross-functional teams inside our Product Growth Group, helping them make data-informed decisions to improve our customer acquisition, activation and revenue funnel and first time user experience. Specific projects our group works on include understanding how our users respond to new pricing, analyzing the sign-up and onboarding experience, and building models to improve the predictability and performance of our product across the entire customer journey.
In addition to being part of the Growth Group, you will also have access to our org-wide Data Chapter where you will be able to collaborate with other Analysts and Data Engineers. You will also collaborate with the Product Research team helping the organization embrace an experimental and data-driven culture.
The ideal candidate will have a background in a quantitative or technical field and will have experience in facilitating data-driven decisions both inside development teams as well as across a broader range of senior stakeholders. You are determined, focused on results, a self-starter, and have demonstrated success in using analytics to drive the understanding, growth, and success of a product.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Explore customer experience and product performance data focused on the early stages of the customer lifecycle by analyzing customer funnels and metrics (CAC, activation, engagement, LTV, churn, retention cohorts etc.)
- Monitor the state of the business on a regular basis and provide guidance and insights as needed
- Apply your expertise in data modeling, data visualization, and quantitative analysis to see beyond the numbers and understand how our users interact with our core product
- Partner up with our Data Chapter to make sure we can report on the right data at the right time
- Partner up with our Research team to help the Product organization identify opportunities to improve our products based on behavioral data
- Share your findings with concrete recommendations in order to influence decision-makers and drive business impact
- You live and breathe data and anything that can be accomplished with it
- You hold a quantitative degree (computer science, physics, mathematics, statistics, Econometrics, STEM or other quantitative field)
- You have up to 3-4 years of hands-on experience with data analytics in a technology environment
- You are fluent in SQL, BI/visualization tools (Looker preferred), and have deep knowledge of Excel, R, Python or some other analysis tools
- You have experience working in agile, cross-functional teams consisting of data analysts, data engineers, data scientists, and business analysts
- You have critical reasoning skills, including an understanding of common pitfalls of data analysis
- You have excellent communication skills in English
Even better if
- You have an understanding of SaaS and B2B business and its key metrics
- You have experience building data science models and data pipelining (dataflow, ETL, etc)
- You have experience working with growth focused teams
- As a Product Data Analyst at Contentful, you will have an opportunity to shape the product by providing key insights about user behavior that helps define the future product roadmap and strategy
- Contribute and learn from other Data Analysts across the company
- Join an innovative tech company as we help drive the evolution of digital experiences to become ever-more ubiquitous and interactive. Be a part of helping companies build modern architectures for mission-critical applications
- Shape the future of Contentful: help us establish, scale, and improve our team's processes
- Generous education budget complete with extra days off to be spent on your professional and self-development
- Be set up for success, equipped with the latest and greatest hardware
- Hang-out in one of our many shared spaces, playing games with colleagues or enjoying a full range of events, including workshops, on-site meetups, guest speakers, and fun events for the company and each team. Did we mention an annual off-site?
- Sharpen your PlayStation, ping pong, and kicker/fußball skills during breaks in the day
- As much artisan coffee as you can handle
- Brush up your language skills! Our team speaks more than 20 languages, and we offer free German classes
- Take a break and pat a pup, we are a dog-friendly office
- We fully support your move to Berlin with a relocation budget and visa assistance. We'll help you settle into your exciting new city
- Plus, Contentful socks, oh yeah!
"Variety is the spice of life" and a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer: all qualified applicants are considered for positions regardless of race, ethnic origin, gender, age, religion or belief, marital status, gender identification, sexual orientation, or disability. We look forward to your application!
Contentful (https://www.contentful.com) is a content management developer platform that enables web and mobile developers to manage, integrate, and deliver digital content to any kind of device or service that can connect to an API - be it smart cars, VR, mobile, web, digital signage, or any new platform. We solve the complexities of content management for tens of thousands web and mobile developers, some independent and many working at enterprise customers that include Jack-in-the-box, Petsmart, Specialized, Fidelity Investments, and Urban Outfitters.
Want to learn more about Contentful? Visit Contentful's website.
Jobs You May Like
Bilingual Application Consultant
Command Alkon, Lenexa, KS
Associate Product Manager, New IP
Pocket Gems, Core Games
Product Manager - Sharing
Dropbox, San Francisco, CA
Director, Product Management
Sidewalk Labs, New York
Cardlytics, Cardlytics Headquarters - Ponce City Market
Product Manager - Rapid Prototyping (Samara)
Airbnb, San Francisco, California