Contentful provides content infrastructure for digital teams to power websites, apps, and devices. Unlike a CMS, Contentful was built to integrate with the modern software stack. It offers a central hub for structured content, powerful management and delivery APIs, and a customizable web app that enables developers and content creators to ship their products faster. Companies like Spotify, Red Bull, Optimizely, Twilio, and Urban Outfitters rely on Contentful to solve the complexities of content management in the modern multi-channel world.
The demand for a new way to manage content is in the numbers: the company is rapidly growing and has raised nearly $50M from VC firms including General Catalyst, Benchmark, Balderton, Point Nine, and Trinity.
We're a fun team of over 150 people from 40 nations with offices in Berlin and San Francisco, looking for more amazing individuals to join our team!
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Product Data Analyst, you will work closely with the Product and Engineering teams to provide insights and analyses that drive decision-making. You will enjoy working with cutting-edge technology, and the ability to see your insights turned into real products on a regular basis.
The ideal candidate will have a background in a quantitative or technical field, and will have some experience in data-driven decision making. You are determined, focused on results, a self-starter, and have demonstrated success in using analytics to drive the understanding, growth, and success of a product.
- You guide Product and Engineering teams to define goals, improve business critical metrics and measure the results of their projects
- You apply your expertise in data modeling, data visualization and quantitative analysis to see beyond the numbers and understand how our users interact with our core product. Ideally, you’ve done some tracking implementation yourself
- You support a wide range of Product and Engineering teams to solve problems and identify trends and opportunities, as well as setting goals
- You build and analyze dashboards and reports to enable product managers in deciding what to build in the next roadmap
- You identify levers to help move key metrics
- You evaluate experiments monitoring key product metrics, understanding root causes of changes in metrics
- You analyze conversion funnels to identify activation metrics, provide feature analysis to inform about the outcome of different initiatives and potential next steps.
- You have interpersonal skills that enable you to work collaboratively with various teams
- You evangelize the value of data and insights at Contentful by spreading best practices to analytics and product teams
- You live and breathe data and anything that can be accomplished with it
- You hold a quantitative degree in computer science, physics, mathematics, statistics, Econometrics, STEM or another quantitative field
- You have up to 3-4 years of hands-on experience with data analytics and/or data science
- You are familiar with analytics such as cohort analysis, activation and engagement metrics, conversion funnels, calculating impact of features to revenue and retention
- You are fluent in SQL and one or more programmatic analysis stacks (R, Python, Julia, etc)
- You have experience with reporting and visualization tools (Looker preferred)
- You have an understanding of data modeling patterns (state vs event-based, data warehousing) and data pipelining (dataflow, ETL, storage)
- You have an inquisitive mind, are detail oriented, highly accurate and possess excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- You have experience working in agile, cross-functional teams consisting of data analysts, data engineers, data scientists, and business analysts
- You have experience with git, continuous integration and continuous deployment workflows
- Ideally, you have experience working at a technology company delivering web and API based software
- You have excellent communication skills in English
- As a Product Data Analyst at Contentful, you will have an opportunity to shape the product by providing key insights about user behavior that helps define the future product roadmap and strategy
- Contribute and learn from other Data Analysts across the company
- Join an innovative tech company as we help drive the evolution of digital experiences to become ever-more ubiquitous and interactive. Be a part of helping companies build modern architectures for mission-critical applications
- Shape the future of Contentful: help us establish, scale, and improve our team's processes
- Generous education budget complete with extra days off to be spent on your professional and self-development
- Be set up for success, equipped with the latest and greatest hardware
- Hang-out in one of our many shared spaces, playing games with colleagues or enjoying a full range of events, including workshops, on-site meetups, guest speakers, and fun events for the company and each team. Did we mention an annual off-site?
- Sharpen your PlayStation, ping pong, and kicker/fußball skills during breaks in the day
- As much artisan coffee as you can handle
- Brush up your language skills! Our team speaks more than 20 languages, and we offer free German classes
- Take a break and pat a pup, we are a dog-friendly office
- We fully support your move to Berlin with a relocation budget and visa assistance. We'll help you settle into your exciting new city
- Plus, Contentful socks, oh yeah!
"Variety is the spice of life" and a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer: all qualified applicants are considered for positions regardless of race, ethnic origin, gender, age, religion or belief, marital status, gender identification, sexual orientation, or disability. We look forward to your application!
Contentful (https://www.contentful.com) is a content management developer platform that enables web and mobile developers to manage, integrate, and deliver digital content to any kind of device or service that can connect to an API - be it smart cars, VR, mobile, web, digital signage, or any new platform. We solve the complexities of content management for tens of thousands web and mobile developers, some independent and many working at enterprise customers that include Jack-in-the-box, Petsmart, Specialized, Fidelity Investments, and Urban Outfitters.
Want to learn more about Contentful? Visit Contentful's website.
Jobs You May Like
Product Marketing Manager, Meetup Pro
Meetup, New York
Ematic Solutions, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
Senior Product Commercialization Manager
LiveRamp, San Francisco
Product Design Manager
Rover.com , Seattle
Directeur(trice) produits, commerce électronique - FR
Principal Product Manager, Search
Evernote, Redwood City, CA