Contentful provides content infrastructure for digital teams to power websites, apps, and devices. Unlike a CMS, Contentful was built to integrate with the modern software stack. It offers a central hub for structured content, powerful management and delivery APIs, and a customizable web app that enables developers and content creators to ship their products faster. Companies like Spotify, Red Bull, Optimizely, Twilio, and Urban Outfitters rely on Contentful to solve the complexities of content management in the modern multi-channel world.
The demand for a new way to manage content is in the numbers: the company is rapidly growing and has raised nearly $50M from VC firms including General Catalyst, Benchmark, Balderton, Point Nine, and Trinity.
We're a fun team of over 150 people from 40 nations with offices in Berlin and San Francisco, looking for more amazing individuals to join our team!
ABOUT THE ROLE
Building on the growth already achieved by our Berlin-based sales team, we’re looking to grow our Account Executive team in San Francisco.
As an Account Executive, you’ll drive Contentful’s growth by leading the end-to-end sales process from prospecting to close. You’ll be instrumental in driving new revenue opportunities, customer education initiatives and leading a consultative sales process by speaking the language of both professional developers and business leaders. Working in partnership with our Customer Success team, you’ll nurture and grow a customer base in the North America and Asia-Pacific regions.
- Position, negotiate, and close new high-velocity deals ($30-100K ACV in under 60 days) and larger enterprise contracts ($100K+ ACV) in the North America and Asia-Pacific regions
- Develop and manage new business relationships. Conduct research, identify key players, and qualify inbound leads
- Shape and spearhead expansion opportunities with existing customers
- Work closely with Sales Engineers and Solution Architects to resolve prospects’ technical challenges
- Refine and evolve our "land-and-expand" model in collaboration with Sales, Partnerships, and Customer Success teams
- 3+ years of B2B SaaS sales experience - a minimum of 2 years in a closing role
- 2+ years of experience successfully selling complex technical software
- Experience with a "land-and-expand" sales model
- Ability to understand the Contentful API and build great relationships with highly technical customers
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Willingness to travel (up to 25%)
- Shape the future: you’ll help establish our team culture and refine and perfect our sales motion
- Collaborate with amazing companies from all around the world on their most innovative new projects
- Join an innovative, fast-growing tech company as we help drive the evolution of digital experiences to become ever-more ubiquitous and interactive
- Pick and use the tools you feel comfortable with, both hardware and software
- We offer an education budget and extra days off to be spent on learning and development
- Relocation budget to support your move to San Francisco and assistance to help you settle down in your new city
- Shape the future of Contentful: help us establish, scale, and improve our team's processes
- Travel to Berlin, Germany, at the heart of Europe, both for onboarding and for other visits to Contentful’s Berlin office
- Work in our beautiful downtown space close to Embarcadero Station, complete with a fully stocked kitchen
- Health, vision and dental insurance
- Commuter benefits to help you get to and from work
- An unlimited time off policy that rivals the best in Silicon Valley
- A generous education budget to support your continued professional development
- Plus, Contentful socks, oh yeah!
“Variety is the spice of life” — and a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer: all qualified applicants are considered for positions regardless of race, ethnic origin, gender, age, religion or belief, marital status, gender identification, sexual orientation, or disability. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Contentful (https://www.contentful.com) is a content management developer platform that enables web and mobile developers to manage, integrate, and deliver digital content to any kind of device or service that can connect to an API - be it smart cars, VR, mobile, web, digital signage, or any new platform. We solve the complexities of content management for tens of thousands web and mobile developers, some independent and many working at enterprise customers that include Jack-in-the-box, Petsmart, Specialized, Fidelity Investments, and Urban Outfitters.
Want to learn more about Contentful? Visit Contentful's website.
Jobs You May Like
Zagster, Germantown, TN
Head of Customer Service
Enjoy, Menlo Park, CA
Clinical Care Specialist (Paramedic) - Per Diem
Call9, Nanuet, NY
SigFig, Calgary, Canada
Optician, Fashion Mall at Keystone
Warby Parker, Indianapolis, IN
Managed Application Engineering Lead