Contentful provides content infrastructure for digital teams to power websites, apps, and devices. Unlike a CMS, Contentful was built to integrate with the modern software stack. It offers a central hub for structured content, powerful management and delivery APIs, and a customizable web app that enables developers and content creators to ship their products faster. Companies like Spotify, Red Bull, Optimizely, Twilio, and Urban Outfitters rely on Contentful to solve the complexities of content management in the modern multi-channel world.
The demand for a new way to manage content is in the numbers: the company is rapidly growing and has raised nearly $50M from VC firms including General Catalyst, Benchmark, Balderton, Point Nine, and Trinity.
We're a fun team of over 150 people from 40 nations with offices in Berlin and San Francisco, looking for more amazing individuals to join our team!
ABOUT THE ROLE
As the Business Systems Manager at Contentful, you will work in an engineering-centered environment that employs state-of-the-art technologies, giving you the opportunity to experiment with latest tools and systems. What’s more, you get to work with bright people who want to solve hard problems. For us, the best ideas and most impactful analyses win.
- Define and lead the implementation of integrated business and data management solutions that enhance Contentful's business velocity.
- Development activities involve maintenance of existing systems and support to the team members as per business needs.
- Drive the ongoing development of key systems as a Product Owner; analyze and document business requirements, develop test cases, document workflows and functionality.
- Contribute to the business architecture design and data strategy using expertise in functional needs, technology, and data management.
- Manage and provide leadership to a team of developers, data scientists, and IT specialists.
- Work in close partnership with the company departments to deliver sustainable solutions.
- Proactively respond to and remediate issues raised by both internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience in building and leading a high performing team.
- Hands on experience with ERP systems, CRM solutions (Salesforce is a requirement), Marketing Automation, ATS & HR Systems, billing tools (we use Zuora) and other tools for digital signing, expenses, and document management.
- Demonstrable success as a change agent that possesses both excellent relationship management and influencing skills across all levels of an organization.
- Proven track record of collaborating effectively with IT teams as well as leading complex projects.
- Fluency in English.
- Join an innovative tech company as we help drive the evolution of digital experiences to become ever-more ubiquitous and interactive. Be a part of helping companies build modern architectures for mission-critical applications
- Shape the future of Contentful: help us establish, scale, and improve our team's processes
- Generous education budget complete with extra days off to be spent on your professional and self-development
- Be set up for success, equipped with the latest and greatest hardware
- Hang-out in one of our many shared spaces, playing games with colleagues or enjoying a full range of events, including workshops, on-site meetups, guest speakers, and fun events for the company and each team. Did we mention an annual off-site?
- Sharpen your PlayStation, ping pong, and kicker/fußball skills during breaks in the day
- As much artisan coffee as you can handle
- Brush up your language skills! Our team speaks more than 20 languages, and we offer free German classes
- Take a break and pat a pup, we are a dog-friendly office
- We fully support your move to Berlin with a relocation budget and visa assistance. We'll help you settle into your exciting new city
- Plus, Contentful socks, oh yeah!
"Variety is the spice of life" and a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer: all qualified applicants are considered for positions regardless of race, ethnic origin, gender, age, religion or belief, marital status, gender identification, sexual orientation, or disability. We look forward to your application!
Contentful (https://www.contentful.com) is a content management developer platform that enables web and mobile developers to manage, integrate, and deliver digital content to any kind of device or service that can connect to an API - be it smart cars, VR, mobile, web, digital signage, or any new platform. We solve the complexities of content management for tens of thousands web and mobile developers, some independent and many working at enterprise customers that include Jack-in-the-box, Petsmart, Specialized, Fidelity Investments, and Urban Outfitters.