Contentful provides content infrastructure for digital teams to power websites, apps, and devices. Unlike a CMS, Contentful was built to integrate with the modern software stack. It offers a central hub for structured content, powerful management and delivery APIs, and a customizable web app that enables developers and content creators to ship their products faster. Companies like Spotify, Red Bull, Optimizely, Twilio, and Urban Outfitters rely on Contentful to solve the complexities of content management in the modern multi-channel world.
The demand for a new way to manage content is in the numbers: the company is rapidly growing and has raised nearly $50M from VC firms including General Catalyst, Benchmark, Balderton, Point Nine, and Trinity.
We're a fun team of over 150 people from 40 nations with offices in Berlin and San Francisco, looking for more amazing individuals to join our team!
ABOUT THE ROLE
Customer Success Managers are our customers’ “go-to people” at Contentful. We are looking for a thoughtful and proactive teammate who can effectively and empathetically interact with our customers. You will be responsible for building trusted customer relationships and advising on best practices to ensure long-term project success. Your mission: When customers bring questions, you’ll find answers; if they bring problems, you’ll drive resolution.
While a technical background isn’t required, you should be comfortable “stretching” yourself to learn technical topics. Because you will be talking with developers, familiarity with programming tools and terminology is a definite plus.
As the voice of our customers, you will surface their feedback to our product and engineering teams ensuring that we continue to provide world-class solutions meeting the highest expectations.
Contentful’s Customer Success Department is a spirited team from around the globe with diverse backgrounds. We keep things light-hearted while also solving difficult customer situations and creating new internal processes. Intellectual curiosity and interpersonal relationship skills are core to what we do; we seek to understand the “why” and not just the “what.” We practice empathy and the art of anticipating customer needs.
- Become customers’ trusted advisor and serve as their advocate inside Contentful
- Guide and help customers at each stage in their journey with us: from onboarding, to success with initial projects, to expanding their use of Contentful
- Develop strong knowledge of the Contentful product and the best-practices of using it, and share this knowledge with our customers to help them achieve their goals
- Prepare, organize and deliver check-in calls, meetings, and regular “Business Reviews” with customers
- Travel (approximately 20%) to meet our customers and colleagues in person (includes periodic international travel)
- Bring our customers’ voice to our product team by collecting and sharing customer feedback and ideas
- Identify expansion opportunities with your customers and coordinate with our sales team to achieve win-win contract growth
- 3+ years professional experience in an outward-facing role such as customer success management, account management, customer support, consulting, or onboarding
- Familiarity with current web and mobile technologies
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience with Salesforce, Zendesk, Intercom, and other Software-as-a-Service products is a plus
- Experience working with solution architects and/or technical support teams to solve customers’ technical challenges is a plus
- Experience with CMS's (either as an editor or developer) is a plus
- Join an innovative tech company as we help drive the evolution of digital experiences to become ever-more ubiquitous and interactive. Be a part of helping companies build modern architectures for mission-critical applications
- Shape the future of Contentful: help us establish, scale, and improve our team's processes
- Generous education budget complete with extra days off to be spent on your professional and self-development
- Be set up for success, equipped with the latest and greatest hardware
- Hang-out in one of our many shared spaces, playing games with colleagues or enjoying a full range of events, including workshops, on-site meetups, guest speakers, and fun events for the company and each team. Did we mention an annual off-site?
- Sharpen your PlayStation, ping pong, and kicker/fußball skills during breaks in the day
- As much artisan coffee as you can handle
- Brush up your language skills! Our team speaks more than 20 languages, and we offer free German classes
- Take a break and pat a pup, we are a dog-friendly office
- We fully support your move to Berlin with a relocation budget and visa assistance. We'll help you settle into your exciting new city
- Plus, Contentful socks, oh yeah!
“Variety is the spice of life” — and a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer: all qualified applicants are considered for positions regardless of race, ethnic origin, gender, age, religion or belief, marital status, gender identification, sexual orientation, or disability. We look forward to your application!
Contentful (https://www.contentful.com) is a content management developer platform that enables web and mobile developers to manage, integrate, and deliver digital content to any kind of device or service that can connect to an API - be it smart cars, VR, mobile, web, digital signage, or any new platform. We solve the complexities of content management for tens of thousands web and mobile developers, some independent and many working at enterprise customers that include Jack-in-the-box, Petsmart, Specialized, Fidelity Investments, and Urban Outfitters.
Want to learn more about Contentful? Visit Contentful's website.
Jobs You May Like
Content Program Manager
MuleSoft, San Francisco
Commissary Baker and Cook
Blue Bottle Coffee, Multiple Locations
Real Estate Manager
Dig Inn, New York City
SRE - Platform API
Cloudflare, London, UK
Technical Program Manager
Collective Health, San Francisco
Dishwasher and Prep Cook
Blue Bottle Coffee, Multiple Locations