Contentful provides content infrastructure for digital teams to power websites, apps, and devices. Unlike a CMS, Contentful was built to integrate with the modern software stack. It offers a central hub for structured content, powerful management and delivery APIs, and a customizable web app that enables developers and content creators to ship their products faster. Companies like Spotify, Red Bull, Optimizely, Twilio, and Urban Outfitters rely on Contentful to solve the complexities of content management in the modern multi-channel world.
The demand for a new way to manage content is in the numbers: the company is rapidly growing and has raised nearly $50M from VC firms including General Catalyst, Benchmark, Balderton, Point Nine, and Trinity.
We're a fun team of over 150 people from 40 nations with offices in Berlin and San Francisco, looking for more amazing individuals to join our team!
Contentful is on the lookout for a talented UI Engineer to join our Product development team. This role will be an essential and valued bridge between Design & engineering & raising the experience & quality of Contentful’s product and services.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Collaborate with product owners, designers, and developers to experiment and build a best-in-class experience for our customers
- Transcend the traditional boundaries of Developer and Designer, applying a high-level of design and development craftsmanship to build delightful and productive features
- Think in terms of components and systems while considering the holistic user experience
- Practice customer-centered product development by collaborating with our data & User research team
- Constantly evolve and build the next generation Authoring experience for content creators
- Test and ship new features improving how we onboard developers to Contentful, either through our Web Application or Node.js CLI
- Play a primary role in driving Design Ops initiatives such as building and maintaining an extensible UI component library
- Create a fantastic experience for developers building with Contentful with our Developer Portal
- Build the next generation of Contentful web applications leveraging UI frameworks such as React
- Demonstrated expertise of HTML and CSS development including layout, specificity, browser compatibility, animation, and accessibility
- Strong design sensibilities and attention to (visual) details
- Understanding of the critical rendering path and how to optimize web browser performance
- Experience with design software like Sketch, Adobe CC, etc.
- Examples of previous work (does not have to be a portfolio)
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbally and written (German is not required)
- Join an innovative tech company as we help drive the evolution of digital experiences to become ever-more ubiquitous and interactive. Be a part of helping companies build modern architectures for mission-critical applications
- Shape the future of Contentful: help us establish, scale, and improve our team's processes
- Generous education budget complete with extra days off to be spent on your professional and self-development
- Be set up for success, equipped with the latest and greatest hardware
- Hang-out in one of our many shared spaces, playing games with colleagues or enjoying a full range of events, including workshops, on-site meetups, guest speakers, and fun events for the company and each team. Did we mention an annual off-site?
- Sharpen your PlayStation, ping pong, and kicker/fußball skills during breaks in the day
- As much artisan coffee as you can handle
- Brush up your language skills! Our team speaks more than 20 languages, and we offer free German classes
- Take a break and pat a pup, we are a dog-friendly office
- We fully support your move to Berlin with a relocation budget and visa assistance. We'll help you settle into your exciting new city
- Plus, Contentful socks, oh yeah!
“Variety is the spice of life” — and a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer: all qualified applicants are considered for positions regardless of race, ethnic origin, gender, age, religion or belief, marital status, gender identification, sexual orientation, or disability. We look forward to your application!
Contentful (https://www.contentful.com) is a content management developer platform that enables web and mobile developers to manage, integrate, and deliver digital content to any kind of device or service that can connect to an API - be it smart cars, VR, mobile, web, digital signage, or any new platform. We solve the complexities of content management for tens of thousands web and mobile developers, some independent and many working at enterprise customers that include Jack-in-the-box, Petsmart, Specialized, Fidelity Investments, and Urban Outfitters.
Want to learn more about Contentful? Visit Contentful's website.
Jobs You May Like
Pessoa Desenvolvedora (Programa Desenvolve)
ThoughtWorks, Belo Horizonte
Engineer, Body Materials
SF Motors, Santa Clara
Lead Operations Data Analyst
DNAnexus, Mountain View
Embedded Linux/BSP Engineer
Ring Inc., Malvern, PA
Senior Software Engineer - Internal Products
Squarespace, New York, NY
Backend Developer (Java) Barcelona