Contentful provides content infrastructure for digital teams to power websites, apps, and devices. Unlike a CMS, Contentful was built to integrate with the modern software stack. It offers a central hub for structured content, powerful management and delivery APIs, and a customizable web app that enables developers and content creators to ship their products faster. Companies like Spotify, Red Bull, Optimizely, Twilio, and Urban Outfitters rely on Contentful to solve the complexities of content management in the modern multi-channel world.
The demand for a new way to manage content is in the numbers: the company is rapidly growing and has raised nearly $50M from VC firms including General Catalyst, Benchmark, Balderton, Point Nine, and Trinity.
We're a fun team of over 150 people from 40 nations with offices in Berlin and San Francisco, looking for more amazing individuals to join our team!
ABOUT THE ROLE
Contentful’s Sales Engineers explain the benefits of our platform and approach regarding content management to developers, product managers, and C-level executives.
Our Sales Engineers are close partners of our sales team and own key components of the sales process including infrastructural/architectural discovery, collaborative solution design, and technical validation. Sales Engineers may travel up to 25% of the time and will have the opportunity to work with teams around the world, from visionary brands to innovative digital agencies.
In collaboration with our Solution Architects, Sales Engineers at Contentful also play a critical role after the conclusion of a sales contract by continuing to advise and assist the customers’ developers and implementation teams in conjunction with the efforts of our Customer Success Management team. We believe that continuity in our customer relationships helps us understand and ensure achievement of the customers' goals.
- Support our sales team in helping prospects understand what’s possible with Contentful and how it compares to older legacy technologies
- Understand prospects' project requirements, help prospects validate these requirements against our platform, identify any technical risks involved with this process, and provide, when required, mitigation strategies
- Create demos and assist with technical proofs-of-concept to demonstrate how our APIs solve identified problems and fit into a prospect’s existing environment
- Communicate prospect and customer needs and product feedback to product management, marketing, and sales
- Collaborate with Solution Architects and Customer Success Managers to ensure that newly-signed customers successfully implement and launch their projects with Contentful
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, or a comparable field, or equivalent experience
- 2+ years in Sales Engineering or Solution Consulting for a developer-focused/technical SaaS company
- Hands-on experience with programming in several of the following languages: Java, PHP, .NET, Ruby, Node.js, and Python
- Proven experience with current web technologies (JS frameworks, static site generators, REST APIs, CMSs, CDNs, etc.) and mobile development (iOS, Android)
- Recent professional web development experience is preferred
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written, and confidence conveying knowledge to a highly experienced technical audience
- Join an innovative tech company as we help drive the evolution of digital experiences to become ever-more ubiquitous and interactive. Be a part of helping companies build modern architectures for mission-critical applications
- Shape the future of Contentful: help us establish, scale, and improve our team's processes
- Generous education budget complete with extra days off to be spent on your professional and self-development
- Be set up for success, equipped with the latest and greatest hardware
- Hang-out in one of our many shared spaces, playing games with colleagues or enjoying a full range of events, including workshops, on-site meetups, guest speakers, and fun events for the company and each team. Did we mention an annual off-site?
- Sharpen your PlayStation, ping pong, and kicker/fußball skills during breaks in the day
- As much artisan coffee as you can handle
- Brush up your language skills! Our team speaks more than 20 languages, and we offer free German classes
- Take a break and pat a pup, we are a dog-friendly office
- We fully support your move to Berlin with a relocation budget and visa assistance. We'll help you settle into your exciting new city
- Plus, Contentful socks, oh yeah!
“Variety is the spice of life” — and a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer: all qualified applicants are considered for positions regardless of race, ethnic origin, gender, age, religion or belief, marital status, gender identification, sexual orientation, or disability. We look forward to your application!
Contentful (https://www.contentful.com) is a content management developer platform that enables web and mobile developers to manage, integrate, and deliver digital content to any kind of device or service that can connect to an API - be it smart cars, VR, mobile, web, digital signage, or any new platform. We solve the complexities of content management for tens of thousands web and mobile developers, some independent and many working at enterprise customers that include Jack-in-the-box, Petsmart, Specialized, Fidelity Investments, and Urban Outfitters.
Want to learn more about Contentful? Visit Contentful's website.
Jobs You May Like
Software Engineer - Data Infrastructure
Senior Software Engineer - Android
Discord, 444 De Haro St
Associate Software Engineer
Massdrop, San Francisco
Software Engineer, Search
Airbnb, San Francisco, California
Development Operations Engineer - Elements