Contentful provides content infrastructure for digital teams to power websites, apps, and devices. Unlike a CMS, Contentful was built to integrate with the modern software stack. It offers a central hub for structured content, powerful management and delivery APIs, and a customizable web app that enables developers and content creators to ship their products faster. Companies like Spotify, Red Bull, Optimizely, Twilio, and Urban Outfitters rely on Contentful to solve the complexities of content management in the modern multi-channel world.
The demand for a new way to manage content is in the numbers: the company is rapidly growing and has raised nearly $50M from VC firms including General Catalyst, Benchmark, Balderton, Point Nine, and Trinity.
We're a fun team of over 150 people from 40 nations with offices in Berlin and San Francisco, looking for more amazing individuals to join our team!
ABOUT THE ROLE
You'll be working on a large, sophisticated, single-page application used by thousands of users to manage, create and edit their content in Contentful.
We target current evergreen browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Edge) to provide a highly interactive and smooth user-experience inside the browser, allowing users to perform complex tasks around content management.
The frontend application does not only communicate with a REST API, but has a real-time connection to the server and other users for collaboratively editing documents.
As a Front-End Engineer, you will work on a complex, modular user interface where API design, application architecture and application state management are the main challenges. As a member of a cross-functional team, you'll work side by side with backend and QA engineers. You'll gain exposure to a wide range of technologies and approaches that are not limited to frontend development but will also give you a comprehensive grasp of the entire product.
- Collaborate with product owners, designers, and other developers to build a best-in-class experience for our customers
- Improve the User Interface(s) of Contentful’s software by building performant, maintainable, and productive features
- Think in terms of components and systems while considering a holistic user experience
- Rapidly fix bugs and solve problems for our customers
- Practice data-informed product development through analytics, A/B testing, etc.
- Test and ship new features that improve how we onboard developers to Contentful, either through our Web Application or through Node.js CLI
- Constantly evolve and build the next generation's Authoring experience for content creators
- Consider new and alternative ways to express and consume our APIs, such as GraphQL
- Build the next generation of Contentful web applications leveraging UI frameworks such as React
- Experience developing and maintaining stateful, sophisticated Single-page Applications
- Expertise in HTML and CSS development including layout, specificity, browser compatibility, animation, and accessibility
- Understanding of the critical rendering path and how to optimize web browser performance
- Strong design sensibilities and attention to (visual) details
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbally and written (German is not required)
- Join an innovative tech company as we help drive the evolution of digital experiences to become ever-more ubiquitous and interactive. Be a part of helping companies build modern architectures for mission-critical applications
- Shape the future of Contentful: help us establish, scale, and improve our team's processes
- Generous education budget complete with extra days off to be spent on your professional and self-development
- Be set up for success, equipped with the latest and greatest hardware
- Hang-out in one of our many shared spaces, playing games with colleagues or enjoying a full range of events, including workshops, on-site meetups, guest speakers, and fun events for the company and each team. Did we mention an annual off-site?
- Sharpen your PlayStation, ping pong, and kicker/fußball skills during breaks in the day
- As much artisan coffee as you can handle
- Brush up your language skills! Our team speaks more than 20 languages, and we offer free German classes
- Take a break and pat a pup, we are a dog-friendly office
- We fully support your move to Berlin with a relocation budget and visa assistance. We'll help you settle into your exciting new city
- Plus, Contentful socks, oh yeah!
“Variety is the spice of life” — and a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer: all qualified applicants are considered for positions regardless of race, ethnic origin, gender, age, religion or belief, marital status, gender identification, sexual orientation, or disability. We look forward to your application!
Read about a recent project from the Frontend Group: using GraphQL with Contentful
Contentful (https://www.contentful.com) is a content management developer platform that enables web and mobile developers to manage, integrate, and deliver digital content to any kind of device or service that can connect to an API - be it smart cars, VR, mobile, web, digital signage, or any new platform. We solve the complexities of content management for tens of thousands web and mobile developers, some independent and many working at enterprise customers that include Jack-in-the-box, Petsmart, Specialized, Fidelity Investments, and Urban Outfitters.
Want to learn more about Contentful? Visit Contentful's website.
Jobs You May Like
Program Manager, Developer Productivity
MongoDB, New York City
Senior Full Stack Engineer
Skillz, San Francisco
Senior Full Stack Engineer
Qventus, Mountain View, CA
Software Engineer, Trips
Airbnb, San Francisco, United States
Brand Value Accelerator, Sacramento, CA
Vehicle Tightness Engineer
Zoox, Foster City, CA