Contentful provides content infrastructure for digital teams to power websites, apps, and devices. Unlike a CMS, Contentful was built to integrate with the modern software stack. It offers a central hub for structured content, powerful management and delivery APIs, and a customizable web app that enables developers and content creators to ship their products faster. Companies like Spotify, Red Bull, Optimizely, Twilio, and Urban Outfitters rely on Contentful to solve the complexities of content management in the modern multi-channel world.
The demand for a new way to manage content is in the numbers: the company is rapidly growing and has raised nearly $50M from VC firms including General Catalyst, Benchmark, Balderton, Point Nine, and Trinity.
We're a fun team of over 150 people from 40 nations with offices in Berlin and San Francisco, looking for more amazing individuals to join our team!
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Collaborate with product owners, designers, and other developers to build a best-in-class experience for our customers
- Transcend the traditional boundaries of Frontend and Backend, designing and delivering performant, maintainable, and scalable features and services
- Think in terms of components and systems while considering a holistic user experience
- Rapidly fix bugs and solve problems for our customers
- Practice data-informed product development through analytics, A/B testing, etc.
- Test and ship new features, improving how we onboard developers to Contentful either through our Web Application or Node.js CLI
- Constantly evolve the Authoring experience for content creators
- Ship powerful and complex features, like SSO authentication, for our largest customers
- Consider new and alternative ways – GraphQL, for example – to express and consume our APIs
- Build the next generation of Contentful web applications leveraging UI frameworks such as React
- Develop on our Platform with with modern services like AWS, Docker, Kubernetes and Terraform
- Significant experience developing and maintaining stateful, sophisticated Single-page Applications
- Understanding of functional programming principles
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written (German is not required)
- Join an innovative tech company as we help drive the evolution of digital experiences to become ever-more ubiquitous and interactive. Be a part of helping companies build modern architectures for mission-critical applications
- Shape the future of Contentful: help us establish, scale, and improve our team's processes
- Brush up your language skills! Our team speaks more than 20 languages, and we offer free German classes
- Generous education budget complete with extra days off to be spent on your professional and self-development
- Be set up for success, equipped with the latest and greatest hardware
- Hang-out in one of our many shared spaces, playing games with colleagues or enjoying a full range of events, including workshops, on-site meetups, guest speakers, and fun events for the company and each team. Did we mention an annual off-site?
- As much artisan coffee as you can handle
- Take a break and pat a pup, we are a dog-friendly office
- We fully support your move to Berlin with a relocation budget and visa assistance. We'll help you settle into your exciting new city
- Sharpen your PlayStation, ping pong, and kicker/fußball skills during breaks in the day
- Plus, Contentful socks, oh yeah!
“Variety is the spice of life” — and a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer: all qualified applicants are considered for positions regardless of race, ethnic origin, gender, age, religion or belief, marital status, gender identification, sexual orientation, or disability. We look forward to your application!
Contentful (https://www.contentful.com) is a content management developer platform that enables web and mobile developers to manage, integrate, and deliver digital content to any kind of device or service that can connect to an API - be it smart cars, VR, mobile, web, digital signage, or any new platform. We solve the complexities of content management for tens of thousands web and mobile developers, some independent and many working at enterprise customers that include Jack-in-the-box, Petsmart, Specialized, Fidelity Investments, and Urban Outfitters.
Want to learn more about Contentful? Visit Contentful's website.
Jobs You May Like
Robinhood, Menlo Park, CA
Senior Software Engineer, Front End
WePay, Redwood City, CA
Senior Software Engineer - Demand Engineering
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Frontend Engineer - Measure
Collective Health, San Francisco
Full Stack Senior Software Engineer, CRM Product Engineering
Client Services Engineer
Zoox, Foster City, CA