Strategic Partner Manager
Contentful, New York, New York
Contentful: a developer-friendly, API first CMS
Contentful provides content infrastructure for digital teams to power websites, apps, and devices. Unlike a CMS, Contentful was built to integrate with the modern software stack. It offers a central hub for structured content, powerful management and delivery APIs, and a customizable web app that enables developers and content creators to ship their products faster. Companies including Spotify, Red Bull, WeWork, Lyft, and Urban Outfitters rely on Contentful to manage content as part of their modern web stack.
Contentful is growing rapidly, backed by $80 million in funding from VC firms including Benchmark and General Catalyst, and strategic investors including Sapphire Ventures (SAP) and Salesforce Ventures.
We’re a fun team of more than 200 people from 44 nations, with offices in Berlin and San Francisco. Join us!
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Contentful Strategic Partner Manager you will play an important role in growing our partnerships with key agencies, systems integrators (SI), and consultancies. You will be responsible for developing a territory, building and executing upon a development strategy, prospecting new target partners as well as managing inbound deal flow. This position requires an entrepreneurial mind that is able to spearhead solutions, be proactive, and work cross-departmentally. Serving as a key part of our sales function, our partnerships team will play a critical role in driving customer value while extending the reach of the company.
- Actively recruit new strategic partners and engage inbound agencies/consultancies as needed
- Develop senior level (C-suite, VP) relationships across the strategic Agency and SI landscape, introducing senior internal team members when appropriate
- Develop partners across Sales, Marketing, and Delivery to help new partners establish themselves in Contentful’s partner ecosystem
- Partner internally with the Sales, Enablement, or Marketing team to develop the partners and grow revenue through partners
- Consistently deliver new opportunities and pipeline from your strategic partners to our sales organization and help partners accelerate their lifecycle and maturity with Contentful
- 2+ years of direct sales experience in a technical SaaS environment OR 2+ years in management consulting at a top tier firm
- 4+ years of partnership or business development experience in the SaaS market
- Experience in the digital agency and/or systems integrator ecosystem and the accompanying services in the space
- You’re humble but your colleagues would say that you’re a game-changer and an “A player”
- You’re a passionate individual with a knack for solving problems and building/delivering solutions, and you’re OK with failure
- You have a heart for customers/partners, are a generally curious person, and you love to listen and learn
- You want to be a part of something bigger and you love building and you want to bring your skills to teach us and help us raise the bar, but are coachable as well
- You are not going into partnerships to get out of “sales,” and you know that sales are critical to successful partnerships
- You’re an entrepreneur at heart. You’re flexible and can thrive in environments that don’t have defined processes and you’re excited to help build
- Experience prospecting, recruiting, presenting, qualifying and managing either clients or partners for a SaaS company
- A track record of continuous opportunity development and successful quota achievement
- Experience developing content and campaigns to open doors in creative ways
- Experience educating organizations on how to use your technology and the value of your technology
- Experience working cross functionally with sales, marketing, success, and product (and these organizations would say that you’re good to work with)
- Experience navigating complex deal cycles with multiple parties
- Join an innovative, fast-growing tech company as we help drive the evolution of digital experiences to become ever-more ubiquitous and interactive
- Shape the future of Contentful: help us establish, scale, and improve our team's processes
- Travel to Berlin, Germany, both for onboarding and for other visits
- Work in our beautiful downtown space, close to Embarcadero Station, complete with a fully stocked kitchen
- Full suite of healthcare benefits
- Commuter benefits to help you get to and from work
- An open time off policy that gives you time to recharge
- A generous education budget to support your continued professional development, and extra days off to be spent on learning and development
- Plus, Contentful socks, oh yeah!
“Variety is the spice of life” — and a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer: all qualified applicants are considered for positions regardless of race, ethnic origin, gender, age, religion or belief, marital status, gender identification, sexual orientation, veteran status or disability. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We look forward to your application!
Contentful (https://www.contentful.com) is a content management developer platform that enables web and mobile developers to manage, integrate, and deliver digital content to any kind of device or service that can connect to an API - be it smart cars, VR, mobile, web, digital signage, or any new platform. We solve the complexities of content management for tens of thousands web and mobile developers, some independent and many working at enterprise customers that include Jack-in-the-box, Petsmart, Specialized, Fidelity Investments, and Urban Outfitters.
Want to learn more about Contentful? Visit Contentful's website.
Jobs You May Like
Director, Corporate Development & Strategy, Diligence
DraftKings, Boston, MA
Expression of Interest - Vibe (Sydney)