Sales Development Representative - San Francisco
Contentful, San Francisco
Contentful: a developer-friendly, API first CMS
Software is eating the world, and every organization must adapt in order to provide digital services to their end users. Contentful (https://www.contentful.com) provides cloud-based content infrastructure (through a set of advanced APIs for developers), that helps organizations to manage, integrate and deliver content across any device and service: websites, mobile apps, internal enterprise portals, voice or chat bots, machine learning algorithms, VR, IoT or any other new platform.
Over the last decade, monolithic legacy content management systems have made the move towards marketing and drag-and-drop user interfaces. This transition forces today’s professional developers to take career detours (with long certification times and training requirements) and to inherit the technical debt of systems architected for page-centric websites more than a decade ago.
Contentful has been designed from the ground up to allow modern developers to make their content programmable across every platform through using powerful, developer-friendly content APIs. Developers leverage our product just the same as other modern developer services such as Twilio (IPOed) or Stripe ($9 billion valuation).
Our high-velocity bottom-up sales model allows us to efficiently acquire customers such as Samsung, Spotify, the New York Times, Urban Outfitters and Paypal.
We’re growing at an amazing pace, seen as a leader in this new space by industry analysts such as Forrester and Gartner, and recognized by Forbes as “one of the most innovative new enterprise cloud companies”.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As our Sales Development Representative to join our Sales Team. You’ll have a direct impact on the growth of the company by managing our lead pipeline and identify leads and sales opportunities by taking care of our outbound activities. In addition, you will refine our sales prospecting techniques.
- You effectively maintain the active engagement with our existing leads through an adaptable and personalised approach
- You are a talented communicator
- Partner with, and help to build the pipelines of Enterprise Account Executives who will assist in developing and sharpening your skills through consistent feedback.
- Documenting various details including use case, lead scores, purchase timeframes, next steps
- Prioritizing opportunities and applying appropriate internal resources
- Using Salesforce.com for lead management and sales forecasting
- Ensuring 100% satisfaction with all customers
- Achieve monthly and quarterly goals of qualified opportunities and closed business.
- 1-3 years of work experience preferably in sales environment
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience preferred
- Clear passion and strong communication skills
- Prior successful sales or lead qualification experience is a plus but not necessary
- Time management skills and ability to prioritize tasks within deadlines
- Knowledge of French at a business level would be advantageous
- Join an innovative tech company as we help drive the evolution of digital experiences to become ever-more ubiquitous and interactive. Be a part of helping companies build modern architectures for mission-critical applications
- Shape the future of Contentful: help us establish, scale, and improve our team's processes
- Brush up your language skills! Our team speaks more than 20 languages, and we offer free German classes
- Generous education budget complete with extra days off to be spent on your professional and self-development
- Be set up for success, equipped with the latest and greatest hardware
- Hang-out in one of our many shared spaces, playing games with colleagues or enjoying a full range of events, including workshops, on-site meetups, guest speakers, and fun events for the company and each team. Did we mention an annual off-site?
- As much artisan coffee as you can handle
- Take a break and pat a pup, we are a dog-friendly office
- We fully support your move to Berlin with a relocation budget and visa assistance. We'll help you settle into your exciting new city
- Sharpen your PlayStation, ping pong, and kicker/fußball skills during breaks in the day
- Plus, Contentful socks, oh yeah!
“Variety is the spice of life” — and a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer: all qualified applicants are considered for positions regardless of race, ethnic origin, gender, age, religion or belief, marital status, gender identification, sexual orientation, or disability. We look forward to your application!
Contentful (https://www.contentful.com) is a content management developer platform that enables web and mobile developers to manage, integrate, and deliver digital content to any kind of device or service that can connect to an API - be it smart cars, VR, mobile, web, digital signage, or any new platform. We solve the complexities of content management for tens of thousands web and mobile developers, some independent and many working at enterprise customers that include Jack-in-the-box, Petsmart, Specialized, Fidelity Investments, and Urban Outfitters.